Uprating Transit Zefiro to 4000kg (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
Looking at buying a new Zefiro Sport model so as to be able to transport enduro bike to events. Seen a lot of people uprating so as to allow this. Any info on what I need to do .? As to be honest I haven't got a clue.?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Normally Vanweightengineering is the place to go but they are unavailable at the moment.

As above contact SVtech with your details and you will likely be able to uprate to 4100 kgs without doing anything to your van (I used to have one on same chassis and uprated)
They send you through the stuff to send off to DVLA.
10 days later you get a new log book and then a refund on the tax amounting pro rata to 200 quiddish p.a

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Normally Vanweightengineering is the place to go but they are unavailable at the moment.

As above contact SVtech with your details and you will likely be able to uprate to 4100 kgs without doing anything to your van (I used to have one on same chassis and uprated)
They send you through the stuff to send off to DVLA.
10 days later you get a new log book and then a refund on the tax amounting pro rata to 200 quiddish p.a
I’d say VWE is a little more than unavailable at the moment!

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
You won't gain anything up-plating unless the bike is carried forwards of the rear axle so may not be worth the bother

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
You won't gain anything up-plating unless the bike is carried forwards of the rear axle so may not be worth the bother
ie the maximum load on the rear axle is often a limiting factor, aside from gross vehicle weight.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back