Update XZENT to v4.4

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-Line 635
The latest sw update for the XZENT is 4.4. When I purchased my van it was already at v4.3. I have an XZENT X-F275

I followed the instructions and the process to update was successful. I was surprised to see that the unit was still showing v4.3. I thought I would reinstall but it won't take it again. I 'assume' because it thinks it is already v4.4 even though the display says v4.3

Has anyone udated to 4.4 and it shows 4.4?

<Edit>

Admin can delete this or leave it for others to see.

It was a user error as follows:

Power on the XZENT and put the USB into the USB 1 cable. It then launched into an auto update. I believed this was the sw update but it was the DAB update only. On installing the USB and going to install update on the unit the option to install is greyed out. Close down the option and reopen it and it now allows you to do the update. Follow the process and it should work fine.
The downside is that all previous setting are reset. The language is German, the time is incorrect etc. All phones need re-pairing with bluetooth.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
We did it last week on our F285 version. It updated the SW ok, but it wouldn't continue to the MCU update. We tried a few times, but it wouldn't do it. It stayed switched on and we couldn't locate the fuse for it. We didn't have the removal tools with us either. I managed to get the unit out by pushing down on it. The only way ti kill the power was by unplugging some of the coloured spaghetti in the back.

When we powered it back on, it had done the MCU update after all. I was hoping it was dead so we could get the new Ford one under warranty as Autotrail aren't fitting the XZent to their 2025 models. We can't get the head unit to clip back in now 🙄

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Yes, the update has to have the power removed to allow it to complete. I found this hard to believe but it was true. One way is to remove the plugs on the back but it is difficult with the unit in place.

Having suffered this update process I’m not even sure if it was worth doing. I’ll be interested to hear if anyone has seen any benefit from upgrading to 4.4.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Yes, the update has to have the power removed to allow it to complete. I found this hard to believe but it was true. One way is to remove the plugs on the back but it is difficult with the unit in place.

Having suffered this update process I’m not even sure if it was worth doing. I’ll be interested to hear if anyone has seen any benefit from upgrading to 4.4.
Ours was going into the set-up wizard every time we turned it on. It held our home address as a favourite and the vehicle dimensions, but it lost the voice volume levels, route preferences, toll roads etc. We've only used it once since the update and it has been better and we have a much bigger choice of DAB stations now.

Nowhere in the update instructions did it tell us to power it off at the unit. We just need to work out how to secure it back in the clips to hold it steady. It nearly went in the skip last week 🙄

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back