Unsure how to switch from Engine to van battery (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Tankie971

Free Member
Jul 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Elddis 320
Hi All,

We have just bought a 2001 Peugeot Elddis Suntor motorhome, sold by a car dealer so they did not know very much about the van.

My question is, how do I use the aux battery, I have turned what I think are all the right switched and the invertor is on, the leisure battery is new. I an normally pretty switched on when it comes to electrics but I am stumped, and as we intent to use the beast off gride I need to know what I am doing, can anyone of you lovely folks help please.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Lots of things to check, however start with checking the state of charge in the battery, are the 12V items working (internal lights, water pump etc, level gauges) Are you plugged into a 240V supply ? If so is there power to the 240v sockets. What indication do you have that the invertor is on?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tankie971

Free Member
Jul 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Elddis 320
Hi All,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I have hooked the MH to the mains and the sockets and fridge are working, however on the control panel I have a green light, when I turn on the lights etc green light goes out, I am at a loss.
regards
Dave
Pic one: Control Panel
Pic two: Invertor I think
Pic three: Switch under seat but unsure what its for.

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I see it's got an inverter, which is a unit which makes 240 volts from 12 volts. From your photo it is turned on, over time this will flatten the leisure battery. I suggest turning it off and leave it on EHU for a while to ensure the leisure battery is fully charged.

I suspect the inverter is not original equipment. The switch under the seat might be for changing over the supply to the sockets from EHU to inverter. There is some dodgy wiring too, that junction box needs a cover ASAP.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back