Unlimited motorhome insurance throughout europe

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Citroen Mister390
Hi everyone,
I am searching for a motorhome insurer that will give unlimited days travel outside the Spanish jurisdiction. I have a Spanish registered van and insurance companies only seem to give 90 days away.If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Tommy

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I am insured with axa on my spanish motorhome. the insurance is european wide & to my knowledge has no limit outside of spain? I've been out for 6+ months before.
previous insurers have been generali

w2f

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
I am insured with AXA also and prior to a Morroco trip last winter I enquired from AXA about how long we could stay out of France. I was told in writing that we can be outside french soil for a maximum of 90 days, at which time we must return to France for a day or so before leaving France for another 90 day period in any country listed on my green card. This repeats itself throughout the period of my insurance.

I have met several French motorhomers who believe they can be away from France for as long as their insurance is current. Following these comments I checked with a few other popular motorhome insurers in France and was told the same, 90 days is the limit to be out of France before you have to return to french soil for a day or so to trigger the next 90 day period.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I am insured with AXA also and prior to a Morroco trip last winter I enquired from AXA about how long we could stay out of France. I was told in writing that we can be outside french soil for a maximum of 90 days, at which time we must return to France for a day or so before leaving France for another 90 day period in any country listed on my green card. This repeats itself throughout the period of my insurance.

I have met several French motorhomers who believe they can be away from France for as long as their insurance is current. Following these comments I checked with a few other popular motorhome insurers in France and was told the same, 90 days is the limit to be out of France before you have to return to french soil for a day or so to trigger the next 90 day period.
Perhaps I should read my policy :LOL: Then again I've travelled europe on 3rd party only for many years so as long as it is the other parties fault :rofl:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You may find that after your 90 days is up you are still covered, but for third party only. I think that might be EU law but double check incase I have remembered incorrectly.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was told in writing that we can be outside french soil for a maximum of 90 days, at which time we must return to France for a day or so before leaving France for another 90 day period in any country listed on my green card. This repeats itself throughout the period of my insurance.
Just out of interest, how will your insurers know you returned to France for a day or two
I thought the borders were open.
I've been through France, into Andorra and on to Spain and never saw a single border post

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just out of interest, how will your insurers know you returned to France for a day or two
I thought the borders were open.
I've been through France, into Andorra and on to Spain and never saw a single border post
Conversely how does an insurance company know when one started a trip, unless you tell them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Conversely how does an insurance company know when one started a trip, unless you tell them.
They get into your Google account and track your movements (or Facebook, or any other online sat nav or social media accounts)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
They get into your Google account and track your movements (or Facebook, or any other online sat nav or social media accounts)

For many European countries it is the vehicle that is insured not the person, So no Tracker no information to trace.

Also if like us, I am the insured driver but the phone is on Basia's account your suggestion does not apply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
In accordance with their instructions I alerted AXA when we entered Spain and subsequently Morocco 2 weeks later. After our second week in Morocco we hit a sheep at 80kph, which took out the front end including the radiator, intercooler rad & aircon rad. AXA paid for recovery of the van and repatriation of us both, as well as a 38k euro repair. I'm so glad I came clean and informed them of our trip and the dates. It only took a quick email, but I dread to think of the potential implications if I hadn't.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Motorhome repairs. It pays to play to the rules.

20241003_145349.jpg

20241003_145402.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back