UK Gov updated advise for Morocco (44 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Its been a while since I looked at the FCO Morocco page but it looks like the terrorism warning has been there for a while the recent update was about conflict in the Lebanon. That said, I am on a a trip to Agadir for 2 weeks next month and had being going to hire a car and do a few out of the way areas, I may re-evaluate that now.

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
Just cancelled our Morocco trip with the caravan club in February due to not finding any insurance company willing to cover our pvc Consort motorhome. Spent all morning phoning round, Saga no longer providing cover and LV not insuring motorhomes, do not want third party at the border so mainland Spain for us.

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Just cancelled our Morocco trip with the caravan club in February due to not finding any insurance company willing to cover our pvc Consort motorhome. Spent all morning phoning round, Saga no longer providing cover and LV not insuring motorhomes, do not want third party at the border so mainland Spain for us.
I’m sorry to hear that. I had hoped with more brits now using Morocco to Schengen shuffle that insurance would become easier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
NFU have just given me a green card valid for 6 months for Morocco,
I only wanted 6 weeks for jan and feb but she said we will issue you one for the duration of your policy,

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
I’m sorry to hear that. I had hoped with more brits now using Morocco to Schengen shuffle that insurance would become easier.
Sadly not, I think the insurance companies are being very short sighted and could do better covering more countries.

OP
OP
billym
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Its been a while since I looked at the FCO Morocco page but it looks like the terrorism warning has been there for a while the recent update was about conflict in the Lebanon.
Yes I think you are right.
UK gov are saying the same( terrorist attacks are very likely) about just about everywhere. They used to just say that attacks were possible.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Yes you are correct, but still likely to be worth the paper it’s written on as opposed buying it at the border,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back