tyre pressure caps (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner 745
Can anyone recommend (or otherwise) tyre pressure caps that transmit to a receiver in the motorhome? Are they actually any good?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Lots of people use Tyrepal sensors, I did have them on then sold them to a Funster as they leaked a bit and then you have to remove them to put air into the tyre.
I had then on rubber valves stems which is why I could not get them tight enough, Tyrepal recommends using them on steel valves.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I used tyre pal on my steel valves, but found I had a snag with 2 tyres loosing pressure quickly; removed tyre pal and this stopped. I also found the batteries need replacing a lot. So now cap with normal caps and check the good ol fashioned way.

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Tyre pal but I have steel valves I’ve been told it’s law in Germany over 3.5 ton? Had them over 20years now on my second set much better quality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Tyre pal but I have steel valves I’ve been told it’s law in Germany over 3.5 ton? Had them over 20years now on my second set much better quality.
You may well be right there Brian as the tyre pressure monitoring that used to be part of the optional IVECO driver safety package is now standard, the rest of the package is the same price though :LOL:

Upvote 0
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Tyrepal, work great on steel valves. Mine has the solar receiver, just keep it out of direct sunlight….
enark Why do you have to keep it out of direct sunlight?. It’s a small solar panel isn’t it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
had then on rubber valves stems which is why I could not get them tight enough, Tyrepal recommends using them on steel valves.
Have had Tyre Pals on my rubber valves for 6 yrs now.... no leaks at all..
Can I suggest if you can't them tight enough it is because you need to change the VERY small 'O' seals in the Tyre Pal unit.. and then tighten up finger tight...They wont leak!! I change mine every time the battery's get changed... Annually!!!

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Six Tyre pal on my RV. Vital!
Spotted a dragging brake caliper by seeing temperature rise over other wheels as well as alerting me to an inner rear broken and leaking extension valve.
I agree I was in the Pyrenees on one of the tour downhill routes and my alarm went off saying overheat. My front brakes were cooked ,so invaluable 👍600 euro to put right🫢

Upvote 0
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Upvote 0
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Thanks enark

One more question if you don’t mind… if it’s not plugged in to the vehicles USB so is ‘stand alone’ does it still switch itself off when the vehicle is stopped or do you have to switch it off manually?

Thanks.
Mine Chinese van set solar power base unit sswitches off after no movement of wheels for a while (under £20. five yrs old no problems changed batteries once)

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve hard wired mine so it comes to life when the ignition is switched on ,but the new ones don’t show pressures until you move.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
A dumb question probably, but how do you know when your tyres have metal valves? I have the dreaded Michellin Camping tyres abd they're website says they must be fitted with metal valves (which sounds as if the tyre dealer will fit them when replacing?). I must admit to being g completely ignorant of how tyres are fitted. I assumed the tyre came with the valve from Michellin....is this not the case. I'm interested in getting the tyre sensor kit but would obviously benefit from knowing if the valves are metal or not. I've looked at mine and they seem to be really solid like metal but appear to be rubber...perhaps a rubber coating on the metal underneath?

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
A dumb question probably, but how do you know when your tyres have metal valves? I have the dreaded Michellin Camping tyres abd they're website says they must be fitted with metal valves (which sounds as if the tyre dealer will fit them when replacing?). I must admit to being g completely ignorant of how tyres are fitted. I assumed the tyre came with the valve from Michellin....is this not the case. I'm interested in getting the tyre sensor kit but would obviously benefit from knowing if the valves are metal or not. I've looked at mine and they seem to be really solid like metal but appear to be rubber...perhaps a rubber coating on the metal underneath?
Any tyre fitter will have a cabinet full of assorted tyre valves. Rubber is most common unless metal specified or requested.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back