Tyre inflation at petrol station forecourts (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I use the electric pump supplied with my 2015 Corsa which does the job admirably. No sign of overheating or straining and it has sufficient cable length to plug into the 12 volt point around the motorhome to get at all the tyres even if I have to open a window or two slightly together the cable through

Jun 28, 2018
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2018 with MH. Previous with camping and caravan.
How good is the compressor that Fiat supply with their repair kit? That should be powerful enough even if it's slow.
Thats the one I use and it has always worked well enough up to 79psi. Along with a good gauge of course.

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach Autograph
Exp
When I bought our Bailey AA745 new I drove it home having bought a new Halfords pump- checked all the tyres, they were at 69PSI so plugged into the aux 12V on the dashboard and proceeded to inflate one rear to 80 PSI- after about 8 mins the fuse blew in the Moho- the plug was too hot to touch - as was the pump!
I am over 70 and not particularly fit- but I was able to blow up the other rear tyre to 80PSI with my very light AA foot pump in less than 5 mins!! I was told that the ‘cigar lighter’ could carry more Amps - but they both run off a similar fuse. Foot pump has been fine for last 4 years!

Jun 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
3yrs
Reading this thread I've just checked with Michelin the correct pressure for the tyres 225/75R 16's on our Tag Axle Hobby.
Actually been using the Fiat Manual recommendations of 80psi but Bibendum recommends 69psi front and 69psi for the rears...improved ride!
Ref using garage forecourt inflators our local (Malvern) BP will meet 80psi without any issues

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
dunnah01 yes, full fresh water and diesel, two gas bottles and the two of us. Only things to go in were clothes and food. We had 80kg spare. I weighed clothes and shoes for 5 day break, it was 8.7 kg. Don't think we'll have a problem even for two weeks. If it came to the worst, could just travel with half a tank of water, saving 60kg.

Thanks everyone for your input, will check the airline next time we're in a petrol station.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Do check with your tyre manufacturers for the correct pressure. Many converters seem to recommend very high pressures which give a very hard ride and may lead to eccessive central wear and poorer road holding.
Mine are 52psi front and 69psi rear as recommended by Continental for my tyres. A much better ride than the higher pressures suggested by Rapido.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back