Two single beds and 4 seat belts options!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2022
Northern Ireland, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
Hello, you extremely knowledgeable people. Please can you advise my wife and me on the following?
First campervan. 30k budget max.
5m too short, 6m too long.
Our online research: 5.4ish is what we would like. 4 belted seats essential. Ability to sleep 2 singles essential.
Love Autosleeper Symbol es (not older models that sacrifice overhead lockers for small horizontal windows) and Autosleeper Dorset es. This type of layout is exactly what we want.
PVC and not coach built.
Are we missing other manufacturers who produce this campervan layout at 5.5m maximum? Oh, the Romahome R30 is too short, even though it meets most requirements.

Any guidance/pointers greatly appreciated.

Best regards Al.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Try Globecar. Ours is too long at 6.4m for you but I am not sure what else they have, especially older vans.

OP
OP
A
Aug 7, 2022
Northern Ireland, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
Thank you, hja

We did look at Globecar however we could not find the layout we want. 4 separate belted seats that convert into 2 single beds.
Best regards
Al

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would stick to your search for a Dorset ES. Most converters with front lounge, which is what you need in a 5.4 length and 4 belted seats, do not raise the habitation area floor to match the cab floor so the cab seats cannot be used for feet when making up the single beds which would have to be lengthways to achieve singles.
This does of course reduce the headroom in the habitation area and ok if you are not tall.
Autosleeper have refined their layout, we had the Topaz on VW which was lovely to drive but too narrow to be a comfortable sofa in the day.
I think it would be your best choice. This one looks good and although more than you want to pay they do hold their value on later resale.

OP
OP
A
Aug 7, 2022
Northern Ireland, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
Thank you for the valuable information, Riverbankannie. Great handle by the way.
Yes, the Dorset ES seems like the best option for us.
I must check the internal height; I'm six foot tall and don't want to be staring at the floor during the day.
We live in Belfast so the chances of finding one at a dealership is probably zero.
Again, thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back