Two new discounts. Fogstar and Ripe Insurance (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Ripe wont quote unless Thatcham approved immobiliser fitted. Don't recognise Growler strike back as one.
Depends on value

Ripe gave me a stupidly low quote, no issues with selfbuild and only "fair" exclusions and rules (IMO). Only thatcham 2 immob and no tracker requirement.

Managed to get 25% off online and 10% cashback (tracked, not paid) - so went with that yesterday.

One of the simplest and quickest insurances I've ever bought (though did read all policy docs first)

Only downer is no business use, but at 50% lower than renewal and other quotes I'll take that! (Had no business use in last 12mths and didn't need it, so can't grumble)

Renewal £605; A-Plan £655, Ripe, £275 (after all the discounts) - 15k miles + Euro

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Ive received a quote from Ripe and its very competitive, in-fact its the same price as my renewal quote with comfort but has European breakdown cover added on and with Comfort I believe thats another £80 or so.
But on looking at their reviews on trust pilot there are some pretty damming ones ! Admittedly a couple are by people who have give misinformation or one tried to use his/her no claims on 2 vehicles at the same time but nevertheless some are bit worrying. Is their price to good to be true ?

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Ive received a quote from Ripe and its very competitive, in-fact its the same price as my renewal quote with comfort but has European breakdown cover added on and with Comfort I believe thats another £80 or so.
But on looking at their reviews on trust pilot there are some pretty damming ones ! Admittedly a couple are by people who have give misinformation or one tried to use his/her no claims on 2 vehicles at the same time but nevertheless some are bit worrying. Is their price to good to be true ?
That's the think with insurance isn't it, you only know how good they are when you need to make a claim!

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Search again :) There are different elements
eg
and

Many bad reviews are moaning about auto renew, but a few mins after getting policy I logged on and turned off auto renew. Whats the problem? Certainly nothing to get a negative review.

I also searched our existing and previous insurance, and all as bad as each other. So who knows....

All I can say is I read the reviews; policy docs; and the specifics to me (self build) and its one of the simplest/clearest I've seen - so I think Ripe are just doing things differently. ERS as underwriter who are legit and sorted me many years ago.

YMMV of course!

Note: 10% topcashback + 20% discount available; or 25% discount available; or if you technically minded you may get 10% cashback + 25% discount...! Or pick a mate and get them £50 referral fee and 20% discount.

Only downside is I doubt renewals will get the same discount :D

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone within this post used my affiliate link for Ripe insurance?

There may be a problem with your insurance, please see this post, and get in touch if you think it's you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Depends on value

Ripe gave me a stupidly low quote, no issues with selfbuild and only "fair" exclusions and rules (IMO). Only thatcham 2 immob and no tracker requirement.

Managed to get 25% off online and 10% cashback (tracked, not paid) - so went with that yesterday.

One of the simplest and quickest insurances I've ever bought (though did read all policy docs first)

Only downer is no business use, but at 50% lower than renewal and other quotes I'll take that! (Had no business use in last 12mths and didn't need it, so can't grumble)

Renewal £605; A-Plan £655, Ripe, £275 (after all the discounts) - 15k miles + Euro

After the cancellation alert I kept a close eye - but my policy is now "active" whereas it was pending (renewal/start date yesterday) so I'm relieved - also askmid.com says its insured as a Fiat Motorhome which is a refreshing positive sight as shows the policy is the correct one (previously askmid has been ambiguous or a "car" policy with apparent motorhome endorsements)

So, so far, all good (still awaiting my 10% cashback - 50/50 if it goes through or rejected - time will tell!)

Jul 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
AutoRoller 746
We’ve been busy with the server all week, but just before I go to bed, I thought I’d tell you of two new discounts we’ve finalised this week.

Ripe Motorhome Insurance will be giving us an exclusive 15% off their policies, I did a few dummy quotes on their system and they were very competitive indeed. I should have the code next week.

Fogstar have confirmed a 10% Discount across their battery range. I have the code, I will get it up tomorrow (y)
Hi Jim, sorry if I have missed it, but where is the code for RIPE? Many thanks.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim, sorry if I have missed it, but where is the code for RIPE?
We don't have a discount code yet. It was pointless offering a 15% discount to Funsters here; when there were 25% Introductory discounts being offered all over the place. Those discounts come to an end in a few days. And I've been assured that our 15% discount will be the most significant discount out there. I'll publish a code then (y)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Hi Jim, sorry if I have missed it, but where is the code for RIPE? Many thanks.
The best I found was a 25% code on the internet (20% "refer a friend" codes are available from anyone with a policy who also get a £50 kick back)
Via TopCashBack you get 20% off code and 10% cashback

If you are naughty and take a risk, you can do some link manipulation, and get 25% off with tracked 10% cashback (not yet paid) - so a little risky and I'd not be surprised if my cashback was rejected. So i'd recommend either (a) taking 25% off; or (b) taking 20% off and 10% cashback. As cashback is never guarenteed, I prefer up front discount, and hence was prepared to risk the game.

Be aware, I never saw a "code" as such, just a link and on the "first page" you get to it will say what discount is applied. So ensure you see that before filling in.

(In my experience the discount was "genuine" as i got a quote from a blank link and the discounted links were just that)

Seems an aggressive new customer grabbing strategy. But I went with them for the policy and ease of cover rather than the price - the fact it was 50% saving all the better!

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Any codes on the go for the insurance yet Jim ?
TopCashBack still do 20% discount + 10% (potential) cashback - don't think you can beat that.
(Any customer can post 20% off codes as they get commission - but the best deal for you is via TCB)

Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail savannah
Exp
I've just used jollyrodger code and did indeed get 20% off my quote and gone ahead with them for £286 against my renewal quote of over £550 👍

I'll put my 20% discount code in the hat now for the next person to use.

Just used the code Bobby appreciate the link and did receive a quote with a great saving so Thankyou 👌👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back