Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
I find it difficult to believe a fiat garage doesn't stock everyday service items. A sign of the times I guess. Everyone orders on line so stock only held centrally I presume.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I find it difficult to believe a fiat garage doesn't stock everyday service items. A sign of the times I guess. Everyone orders on line so stock only held centrally I presume.
My understanding is in the UK no one keeps stock these days. Everything is Just In Time. Take your vehicle to a garage and they will work out what is needed and order it from GSF or someone like that and expect it to be delivered in a couple of hours or so.

I don't know if this is the same in France. It probably is but may not apply to main dealers who use a different supply chain.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We couldn’t get springs or bearing over the counter in Scotland - they had to be ordered in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Oh please for goodness sake NO !!!!! Not Pont de Rupé
Not the right place at all.
Bad area

I hope no one has gone there yet! I've just read Carolyn 's post mentioning me
Frankie, we are booked into here for 1 October. They know we are a camping car.

We are now staying at Camping Toulouse le Rupé and things are fine here. I have ordered the parts we need and they should arrive next week.

Just enjoying Toulouse now. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Frankie, we are booked into here for 1 October. They know we are a camping car.

We are now staying at Camping Toulouse le Rupé and things are fine here. I have ordered the parts we need and they should arrive next week.

Just enjoying Toulouse now. :)
You are next to one of the biggest field for Gypsies, and quite a few robberies have taken place there. Now of course things might have changed. I'm not looking for news on a regular basis. I cross my fingers the gendarmes have cleared the area, indeed. Just be careful you 2 ok?

You are not very far away from me at the moment. Chemin de Gabardie is at about 6 or 7 minutes away from where I am at the moment.
Stade Latécoère is where I used to live, and I am helping there up to monday morning for the International Canine Exposition on the 21st and 22sd Sept

16/20 Avenue de la Plaine Balma 31130

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You are next to one of the biggest field for Gypsies, and quite a few robberies have taken place there. Now of course things might have changed. I'm not looking for news on a regular basis. I cross my fingers the gendarmes have cleared the area, indeed. Just be careful you 2 ok?

You are not very far away from me at the moment. Chemin de Gabardie is at about 6 or 7 minutes away from where I am at the moment.
Stade Latécoère is where I used to live, and I am helping there up to monday morning for the International Canine Exposition on the 21st and 22sd Sept

16/20 Avenue de la Plaine Balma 31130
Frankie, thank you, we have seen the gypsy camps but we have been walking around the Parc Sesquiéres and all seems safe there. The campsite here looks very secure.

I plan to rent a car next week and we will do some exploring. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back