TV screen problem (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We only use the TV on our 2011 Autotrail Tracker EKS to watch DVDs. We have had no problems up until now. The DVD loads and starts to play but then this image, as in the attached photo, pops up and I can’t get rid of it. It has never happened before. I’ve pressed every button on each the black and grey remote controls without any effect. I’ve even restored factory settings. It is so annoying!
Can any Funsters shed any light on how to fix this problem?

IMG_2380.jpeg

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
No brand name that I can see. Just a small TV that flips down from the cab roof that Autotrail fits as bog standard.
Ask Autotrail for the make & model they fitted and goole it for an instruction manual. (Assuming Autotrail can't supply one themselves.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I had a Samsung TV that failed on a similar way. The board that did the interface broke. It got progressively worse, blacking out areas of the screen. A replacement board was more than a new TV.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
When the DVD is inserted and ready to play a blue invalid key flashes. When I press play that’s when the pop-up showing Audio Subtitle & Angles pops up. I can’t find a way to get rid of it by touching the screen or using either of the remote controls. Even Poirot is baffled!!

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2382.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Do both the remotes work? If you have an Android phone activate the front camera and point the remote at the lens and press a button on the remote, you should see a flashing red light when pressing a button. Not all phones show red flashing this but most Android do
The menu showing on screen is from the DVD player not the Tv so I would look at that remote first. Probably a CR 2032 battery or similar inside so maybe worth a swop for a couple of quid. Pressing "Menu" on the DVD remote may get the display off or "OSD".
If neither of those use the arrows on the remote to navigate to the "X" and press "enter".

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Obvious questions first.
Have you tried a different DVD in it?
Have you changed the batteries in the remote?
Does the TV / remote work when watching television?
Can you access the menu if watching TV?
Is there a setting on the TV that changes the DVD region?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Mar 24, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. Appreciated.
Problem unsolved so I guess I’ll investigate further when I get back from France.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions. Appreciated.
Problem unsolved so I guess I’ll investigate further when I get back from France.
Are they original remotes? When I said press the screen meant physically touch it?

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I'd try the Exit button on the silver remote, after that - while the DVD is still in, turn the TV off and on again. Then Vol+ and then Enter.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back