Tv or tablets (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Hello everyone/ I’m looking to get some form of entertainment for my 4 and 6 year olds, the question is whether to install a tv or stick to tablets.
Thanks in advance

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hello everyone/ I’m looking to get some form of entertainment for my 4 and 6 year olds, the question is whether to install a tv or stick to tablets.
Thanks in advance
I would suggest the TV so you know what they are watching. But tablets (I assume you don't mean tranquilisers although these are the most effective) would allow them to play games but also access things less desirable unless you have set up strict parental controls.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
TV AND tablets .....

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Depends, this van the tv is near the cooking area, so wouldn't be happy with young children, we have been taking them since toddlers, first van had a rear lounge as well as a dinette near the cooker.
Now adults, they bring their own electronics.
Yours will be used to their own tablets, parental cotrols work well to prevent viewing unsuitable stuff.
can't always get a TV signal, we rarely use the tv now john streams on his tablet i am not a big tv fan, i do use it for radio though 🤣
dunnah01 have you ever tried to dry 3 lots of hoodies and joggers after they have been out in the rain? Was bad enough when they were little but now they should be old enough to know to come inside it is not easy. They do all still love being outdoors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks in advance
It does party depend on where you're planning to go... Some of the nicest areas in the UK and Europe have terrible TV signals.

We would choose a tablet. You can download programs from iplayer etc plus films for when you're on the move and use the device for other things. You might find that you use lots of data if streaming so bear that in mind.

The only issue being is that they might squabble over one device.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
It does party depend on where you're planning to go... Some of the nicest areas in the UK and Europe have terrible TV signals.

We would choose a tablet. You can download programs from iplayer etc plus films for when you're on the move and use the device for other things. You might find that you use lots of data if streaming so bear that in mind.

Thanks- I’m thinking a tablet is the way forward.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
I would suggest the TV so you know what they are watching. But tablets (I assume you don't mean tranquilisers although these are the most effective) would allow them to play games but also access things less desirable unless you have set up strict parental controls.
lol lol please don’t- their mother, my dear wife was a pharmacist for a long time and now she’s a medical doctor so I’m sure she could knock up a concoction to sort em out!!
🙈🙈🙈

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
May 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back