TV Licence if out of UK for 10 weeks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
How do those without a licence know if they don't want to watch, listen or surf the content requiring a licence. There's some fantastic stuff they are missing out on 🤷

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How do those without a licence know if they don't want to watch, listen or surf the content requiring a licence. There's some fantastic stuff they are missing out on 🤷
Depends on your/their definition of fantastic! 😄

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I have a friend who has lived in a house he bought about 25 years ago
He does not have a TV.
He has never had a TV.
(Nor did he have a computer, a smart phone or WiFi until his company paid to have it all installed and delivered during the pandemic)
To be frank, I think the only reason he has electricity is because it came with the house.

He gets yearly letters from the TV Licencing authority chasing the TV licence.
He makes a point of replying that he does not have a TV.
Over the years he must have had a dozen visits from the TV licencing authorities looking for the TV.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sounds a little like a burglars charter tell the BBC your house is empty for 10 week's just asking for a friend 🤔
similar years ago to one of my banks stating that you had to tell them if "your cc was going to be used outside the uk & what dates" ???????? Really? They weren't too happy when I pointed out that all it took was one of there employee's to be forwarding empty house info.:LOL:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
It used to be travel agents who knew you was going away but couldn't garentee the property would be empty, but tell someone that the property would be empty for 10 weeks first the activate the alarm leave a week return do it again until the neighbours get fed up with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back