TV Licence if out of UK for 10 weeks (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi All

I really don't want this to go off on a tangent about rights and wrongs of the TV Licence. Just wondering if anyone cancels when they are out of the country and renews when they get back? Thanks

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
your welcome home will be a very large pile of letters from the licencing authority asking why you haven't got a current licence. Their systems can't cope with the idea of a temporary period of a house being unoccupied. My soon to be ex partner has been experiencing this with really run down house she bought and is gradually making habitable. She doesnt live there but gets a regular stream of letters about the water supply and the TV licence. Even calling them on the phone and explaining it's unoccupied does not stop them printing and posting more letters for long.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
OP
OP
Motörhead Fun
Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
your welcome home will be a very large pile of letters from the licencing authority asking why you haven't got a current licence. Their systems can't cope with the idea of a temporary period of a house being unoccupied. My soon to be ex partner has been experiencing this with really run down house she bought and is gradually making habitable. She doesnt live there but gets a regular stream of letters about the water supply and the TV licence. Even calling them on the phone and explaining it's unoccupied does not stop them printing and posting more letters for long.
They can send as many letters as they please :)

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Hi All

I really don't want this to go off on a tangent about rights and wrongs of the TV Licence. Just wondering if anyone cancels when they are out of the country and renews when they get back? Thanks
And of course you will not be watching any uk tv, streaming, downloaded or via satellite during that time?😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I am seriously considering cancelling ours as since we moved to our new house the TV hasn’t been set up and we haven’t missed watching it. It surprising how much we can get on with when we are not watching crap on the box 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back