Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Hi can anyone tell me if they recognise by my picture if this system can be updated and if so how?
The smaller box selects different satellites
IMG_3471.jpeg

Last edited:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Look for a usb port to update the channels on the sky box they have changed you may need a patch Anthony Oyster is the go to

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The sky box is the very old 12v pace box that was brought out many years ago.

The simplified explanation is that it basically acts as a tuner and converts the signal from the dish (set to the correct satellite by the other box) into a signal the TV can show.

Many new 12v TVs for camping have the tuner built in or you could just buy a new tuner if necessary.

HOWEVER..... If the satellite lnb isn't pointing in the right direction, then you won't get any sort of programmes for the tuner to convert the signal.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
The best person to speak to is Anthony OysterTech he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, re the sky box, i'm not sure if sky is still transmitting in SD so not sure if the box will still work but Anthony will be able to tell you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Thank you, I brought the Motorhome from new all I can remember is ten aft ? Having something to do with it. Due to Covid and losing 2 family members and running a business horrendous times, I’ve forgotten some of the knowledge I had gained, once again the power of Motorhome Fun is a great asset.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
I’m using or trying to the Pace Sky mini box has this been skybox been retired? If so what’s replaced it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
I believe it went out of production 15 to 20 years ago.
They very occasionally come up on ebay for a fiver or so.
I would bin the lot as it's very doubtful there's an update for it.
I’m rapidly approaching just that anyone have an updated version of what to buy?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donkster
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
Hi can anyone tell me if they recognise by my picture if this system can be updated and if so how?
The smaller box selects different satellites
View attachment 922436
As you can see by the picture I’m bypassing the pace sky mini box because the tv has its own search for channels? Anyone with experience in tv and satellite setup please help much appreciated. I have oyster automatic search satellite dish which is on Astra 2 ? Should I be able to get a picture?

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
As you can see by the picture I’m bypassing the pace sky mini box because the tv has its own search for channels? Anyone with experience in tv and satellite setup please help much appreciated. I have oyster automatic search satellite dish which is on Astra 2 ? Should I be able to get a picture?
If the dish is locking on Astra 2 @ 28East then the dish / control box is working fine. If it doesn't it will need an update if one is available.

The Pace Javelin minibox was indeed discontinued 15+ years ago and was the only Sky receiver to run on 12V, hence very popular in vans. Not powered one up in years so no idea if it will get the epg or the remaining SD channels on 28East, but 100% it won't do HD and BBC is now only HD via sat. If your TV has a sat tuner and is modern enough to do HD stuff then that should work just fine but you will need to update the transponder details as many things will have changed since production.
Easy enough to do, frequency, symbol rate and polarity is generally all you need to enter now.
Here is the BBC info, ITV etc can be found with a quick Google.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
The best person to speak to is Anthony OysterTech he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, re the sky box, i'm not sure if sky is still transmitting in SD so not sure if the box will still work but Anthony will be able to tell you.
Thanks for the heads up on this and apologies for the delayed reply but been to Goodwood this weekend so mostly off grid.

The SD signals for BBC are no longer transmitting so Sky Pace mini boxes cannot display the channels any more. ITV are migrating services too so there are limited options there as well. The rest will follow so it won't be long until these boxes are completely useless. Shame as they're the only 12v Sky box but afraid the only option is to put an inverter in with the HD Sky box or use a 12v TV with Freesat/Free to air satellite TV.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back