TV aerials…. (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 28, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have an Avtex stick aerial, it is way better than I expected but not perfect.
Is there a significant step up in reception by fitting a Status 350 omni directional aerial (or similar)?
TIA

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I have an Avtex stick aerial, it is way better than I expected but not perfect.
Is there a significant step up in reception by fitting a Status 350 omni directional aerial (or similar)?
TIA
I have the Avtex figure of 8 usb boosted signal aerial and it has not let me down once. Ditched the useless sucker mount and I plant it on the roof with a magnetic pole being a Camper Van. Just remove it through the skylight when we move off.
I have the cheap little generic magnetic stick aerial people rate but it's nowhere as good as the Avtex I have.

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
We don't watch TV in our van so I am not going to recommend any specific products but after over 50 years in consumer electronics I know you can't electronically boost a signal that isn't there.
You need a decent Yagi antenna or a Log Periodic antenna if you want some gain and pull in weaker signals.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Necvox get good reviews and previous owner added this which works pretty well.

Screenshot_20241001-070525.png

Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
TV transmissions require directional aerials for the best performance, this is because they have gain and can provide a stronger signal when compared to omni-directional. A further complication is that TV transmitters are either vertical or horizontal transmissions. Hence many motorhome/vans have the little winding handle on the base of the installed aerial. A simple aerial will always be less effective, an aerial installed at home will be specially for the local transmitter characteristics. Its complicated, but that way the whole country can have TV without transmitters interfering with each other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back