Turbocharger (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeout boxer 1.9 D
Hi im new to this hope someone can help me.. I have a Peugeout Boxer 2000 Motor home..Had a new gear box fitted which was OK.. Then loss of power.. Had a refurbished Turbo then was told the Actuator had blown..So bought another reconditioned Turbo with Actuator..The machanic fit it for us today still no power he says there is no Turbo boost.. Am at my wits end hopefully someone will be able to help me

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi im new to this hope someone can help me.. I have a Peugeout Boxer 2000 Motor home..Had a new gear box fitted which was OK.. Then loss of power.. Had a refurbished Turbo then was told the Actuator had blown..So bought another reconditioned Turbo with Actuator..The machanic fit it for us today still no power he says there is no Turbo boost.. Am at my wits end hopefully someone will be able to help me

Have you checked all the hoses from the air filter box to the turbo and from the turbo to the inlet manifold for splits or holes ? I would have expected a mechanic to do that mind.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Some 'mechanics' are clueless .

Without seeing it I would say it's the actuator vacuum diaphragm or vacuum pipework at fault.

Could be, I have also heard of the vacuum pipe which should have gone to the actuator being mixed up with a different pipe of the same diameter in the same area. Think it was someone on MHF it happened to.

OP
OP
C
May 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeout boxer 1.9 D
Have you checked all the hoses from the air filter box to the turbo and from the turbo to the inlet manifold for splits or holes ? I would have expected a mechanic to do that mind.
Yes he's says he's checked them Thanks for your reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You only get 5 free posts then you need to.pay your subs.

Use them wisely there is loads of info and you can ask as many questions as you need from the community

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Could be the waste gate stuck open, but you can try that by getting a spanner on the linkage and see if it moves ?
You can also check the actuator to see if it is operating ok using a Mityvac hand held vacuum pump and you also need to know if the engine's vacuum pump is actually working, but I'd hope a competent mechanic would have checked all these things already ?

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Could be the waste gate stuck open, but you can try that by getting a spanner on the linkage and see if it moves ?
You can also check the actuator to see if it is operating ok using a Mityvac hand held vacuum pump and you also need to know if the engine's vacuum pump is actually working, but I'd hope a competent mechanic would have checked all these things already ?

I was about to type exactly the same.. actuator stuck or not getting boost pressure from the plenum.

Can you be a little more precise with what the ‘mechanic’ said? Is he saying the turbo is not producing boost, or the engine is not receiving the boost?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a thought, it's not in limp mode by any chance.
It can be caused by using the brake and throttle at the same time.
I would expect a warning light though.
Worth a check with an OBD scanner incase the warning bulb isn't working..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back