Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 22, 2015
lancs
Funster No
MH
carthago 5.8 c line
Exp
since 2006
Is it possible to park on the tunnel car park Sunday night for an early monday crossing ?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Iā€™ve stayed here when we had an early crossing
1726856083852.png

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Farthing Common is my prefered pre tunnel parkup. It's getting popular though, watch out for the pot holes
That was rammed when we went past it other week! Full of mainly van conversions with the odd moho in, but boy was it fullšŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Is it possible to park on the tunnel car park Sunday night for an early monday crossing ?
Unfortunately no as it is after the book-in booths.
Other ideas, Canterbury P&R Dover Road about 25 mins.
As Terry's reply above.

Why don't you get to the Canterbury P&R a bit earlier than originally planned, (we arrive a day early ;) ), then jump on the bus into the city and have a wander round and a bite to eat, then back for a decent night's sleep, before setting off for the Tunnel 45 x minutes away? (y)

You can only enter the P&R between certain times, but you can leave at any time, including early hours.

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
On similar subject.
How many hours before your confirmed booking will Eurotunnel let you check in.
Eg. i have a 10pm booking, will they let me check in at say 5-6pm> oh BTW this is on the French side.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
On similar subject.
Eg. i have a 10pm booking, will they let me check in at say 5-6pm> oh BTW this is on the French side.
I was told 2 hours, and that was the French sidešŸ‘ but that was 10 years agošŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
On similar subject.
It depends on how busy the parking area is at the time Bob, ie, we've been sent away for being too early, and had to park up at Citie Europe....................but not in recent years due to the numbers of immigrants hovering about. :(

If the trains are quiet, they'll usually get you on an earlier one, but often offering you an early crossing for a fee when you arrive at the check in booths. We always decline, and have found ourselves on the very crossing they wanted us to pay extra for. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Canterbury p and ride 24 hr entry now
As denisejoe said it is anpr now Jock so 24 hr entry & exit
Thanks for the update gents. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
As it is a Sunday, if you want to be as close as possible to the tunnel, then the Sainsbury at Park Farm is the one I use. The store closes at 4 on a Sunday and therefore the car park is very quiet in the evening. There is a spot a the bottom between the trees and is an excellent overnight. Pre book, Ā£3.

OP
OP
Z
Jun 22, 2015
lancs
Funster No
MH
carthago 5.8 c line
Exp
since 2006
As it is a Sunday, if you want to be as close as possible to the tunnel, then the Sainsbury at Park Farm is the one I use. The store closes at 4 on a Sunday and therefore the car park is very quiet in the evening. There is a spot a the bottom between the trees and is an excellent overnight. Pre book, Ā£3.
Thanks guys.......without sounding numb how do you pre book a Sainsbury's carpark ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back