Tugger watching (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not wishing to slate tuggers but I should have got the camera out for this one. Firstly he drove into the campsite far too fast chucking up loads of dust. Then he overshot his pitch entrance so had to reverse back. Promptly drove in too fast again (to the wrong pitch area) and I am now sat here watching him trying to reverse again several times because he has really badly cocked it all up. Now driving back around trying to try again. Bum, he is supposed to be next door to us. Obviously can’t read pitch numbers either. Made for a few minutes of fun.😂😂😂

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Rubbing my hands in glee. He struggled with the motor mover too 🙈
Have to admit it’s one of my (not so) guilty pleasures at a music festival ,takes me about 20 minutes to set up all the festival paraphernalia ,awning ,wind break ,flag pole ,table ,chairs ,BEER ,then sit back and watch people who rarely if ever go onto an uneven ,sloping field try to set up 🤪👍

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had fun at Canterbury CCC last Monday when a load of French motorhomes arrived , not all at the same time and where each shown where to pitch by wardens.
One was moaning about angle of grass pitch and warden said if you want flat book hard standing, any way French campingcarist shuffling about at speed and not getting anywhere wedged up, putting wedge under back wheel which made it worse.
Then decided to move to a flatter bit and then wedded comes to pitch next Frenchman only to find pitch occupied by mister un level, this happened with several others too.🤣

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I like watching the tent campers on the only place we stay that has them {Ile de mille charmes). Modern tents are dead easy to pitch but then there are always arguments about where they've pitched, too close, facing the wind or whatever.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Not sure I'd want to cast stones in any glass houses just in case....

he.png

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
We watched one tugger arrive. A huge caravan - it may even have been illegally long.

He pulled up. Wife went into the van for something while he uncoupled. The drawbar flew up into the air, she came tumbling out. The removal of her weight sent the front crashing down again. Blazing row.

He then tried to manhandle the caravan onto the pitch. But he didn't seem to be covering the handbrake and very nearly went through the hedge.

Once on his pitch, he clearly had no idea how to level a caravan.

Then they started on the awning. I'd have offered to help, but they both seemed very volatile, so we kept out of the way!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Me and four pals took our two vans to a Blue's festival and Ron had brought along one of those "self erecting" tents that he made big theatre of drawing it out of it's bag and throwing it onto the ground, where it sprung open and just needed pegging down.
Three days later and packing it away reminded us of Kent Walton opining "Best of two falls or a submission !" The tent had him in a half Nelson and possibly a Boston Crab at one point, then the rain started and it was thrown into a van with a " I'll sort it out when I get home !" :ROFLMAO:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Why do motorhome passengers also have to get out and flail their arms and shout at the driver when they're reversing into a pitch - never understood that but see it all the time 🤷
So they don't get knocked down 'cause the driver is too busy p**ing him/herself laughing at a caravanner putting up their awning? :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
First for us today. Middle aged Belgium lady pulled up at the emptying point cutting us up to get in front. Not a problem, we have lots of time. Anyway, we then watch her pull a bag out of the locker in it contained a long pair of rubber gauntlets and a pair of welly boots. She proceeded to put them on then emptied her cassette. Once the cassette was emptied she changed back and drove off. Was it radioactive cassette matter😂😂 She appeared to be alone so it could only be her deposits I assume.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back