Trying to buy a Thetford C200 cassette on its own. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have been searching for a third cassette - C200 without wheels, but they are all being sold either with SOG or refresher kits at silly prices.

Has anyone recently found a source for a C200 on its own?

TIA

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
As far as I am aware Thetford stopped making the old non-wheeled cassettes several years ago so you'll be exceedingly lucky to find anyone with the old style cassette in stock. About the only places you may find one would be a used one from a motorhome/caravan breakers or eBay.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
As far as I am aware Thetford stopped making the old non-wheeled cassettes several years ago so you'll be exceedingly lucky to find anyone with the old style cassette in stock. About the only places you may find one would be a used one from a motorhome/caravan breakers or eBay.

Thanks. Looks like all those in refresher kits are the wheeled version.

Can anyone please confirm that the wheeled version is a straight swap for the non-wheeled one, albeit 2lt less capacity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
That I know, but is it a straight swap that will function with the existing toilet?
Mine swapped without any problem.

While on the subject, can anyone suggest anywhere that does a complete seal set for a reasonable price, i wanted to refurbish my old cassette so that I can keep it as a spare, i had a look a while back and found various places on ebay, but nobody had all the seals, and with postage it got a bit expensive buying from various places, which was also why I eventually bought a refresh kit.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have been searching for a third cassette - C200 without wheels, but they are all being sold either with SOG or refresher kits at silly prices.

TIA

Is this what your looking for

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes it's a straight swap!

Mine swapped without any problem.

While on the subject, can anyone suggest anywhere that does a complete seal set for a reasonable price, i wanted to refurbish my old cassette so that I can keep it as a spare, i had a look a while back and found various places on ebay, but nobody had all the seals, and with postage it got a bit expensive buying from various places, which was also why I eventually bought a refresh kit.

Thanks TerryL and Widge for definitive answers.

Is this what your looking for
I was originally looking for a C200 without wheels but that appears to have been discontinued so I will have to accept one with wheels, but even they seem to be only available in a Fresh Up Set. Here in Poland they are £144, but with shipping from UK would be the same price and customs problems.

We have two cassettes so at that price I might not bother with a third, which would only be for remote places like the Pyrenees and Greek Islands.

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Thanks TerryL and Widge for definitive answers.

I was originally looking for a C200 without wheels but that appears to have been discontinued so I will have to accept one with wheels, but even they seem to be only available in a Fresh Up Set. Here in Poland they are £144, but with shipping from UK would be the same price and customs problems.

We have two cassettes so at that price I might not bother with a third, which would only be for remote places like the Pyrenees and Greek Islands.
This is who i used in france, i think it came from germany, they might ship to poland.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks. Looks like all those in refresher kits are the wheeled version.

Can anyone please confirm that the wheeled version is a straight swap for the non-wheeled one, albeit 2lt less capacity.
Geoff...I feared the new wheels version wouldn't fit our Hymer...however it did...I couldn't get a non-wheeled version...so I bought the refresher kit...it's fine.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
That I know, but is it a straight swap that will function with the existing toilet?
Depends on what vent you have fitted to the cassette in your van, If you have the angled one as in the 2nd picture then I think you need to buy a replacement vent too.
The replacement cassette is fitted with a standard vent as in 1st picture if I recall correctly but you best double check for yourself...

1056020.jpg

caravan-toilet-parts-thetford-c200-automatic-vent-2378874-image01.jpg

Pete

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Depends on what vent you have fitted to the cassette in your van, If you have the angled one as in the 2nd picture then I think you need to buy a replacement vent too.
The replacement cassette is fitted with a standard vent as in 1st picture if I recall correctly but you best double check for yourself...

View attachment 932153
View attachment 932154

Pete
This was our experience. The new cassette wouldn’t fit and someone on here kindly enlightened me about the pressure release valve type. We had the angled version and the fresh-up came with the flat. It was a simple swap, Geoff, but the two types are incompatible.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I hate hearing the sound of a cassette being wheeled along.

It means I must be on a site/aire somewhere with at least one other motorhome rather than being out in the wilds... ;)

JJ :cool:

Our Fresh-up kit(Cassette and seat) arrived this morning.

Any suggestions for the use of a spare toilet seat?

I cannot imagine we will ever use the wheels as we usually just pull up at the service point to do all jobs.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I cannot imagine we will ever use the wheels as we usually just pull up at the service point to do all jobs.
Glue it to the side of the van and pretend it's a malibu

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

TIA
Check the classifieds

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Or

Fit it on a hinge to the rear bumper for when you want an Al fresco jobby . Just pop a 🪣 under it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back