Truma heater not running on gas but fridge and cooker ok.! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
Has anyone got any suggestions please?

I get error code 517 and have tried following the suggestions on the INETX panel but no luck.

Any help appreciated as on day 2 of a 10 day off Grid rally

OP
OP
I
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
Update on the above

Finaly manged to clear the fault on the panel as follows :
1 - Declare the issue is resolved (even though it's not at that stage!) On RHS of screen then...

2 - hit reset (which appeared on LHS of screen)

This cleared the fault for us :giggle:

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
I think you have the 'changing gas bottle' error. Very annoying. If you start the Truma Combi on gas without switching the gas bottle on/or if the bottle is very low/or it runs out it will shout error 517.
Similar happens if you switch it to electric without being plugged in......
Unlike the fridges which just cope with it and sort themselves out....... Thank you, Truma.

OP
OP
I
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
I think you have the 'changing gas bottle' error. Very annoying. If you start the Truma Combi on gas without switching the gas bottle on/or if the bottle is very low/or it runs out it will shout error 517.
Similar happens if you switch it to electric without being plugged in......
Unlike the fridges which just cope with it and sort themselves out....... Thank you, Truma.
Thanks for the confirmation Ed !

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
The 517 code is gas supply interrupted. It could be the regulator. The heater uses a lot more gas than the fridge or cooker. A failing regulator will show a fault first on the Truma boiler and the continued working of other devices does not guarantee it is working properly.

Not had this problem myself but have read several posts about regulators gumming up and failing to supply sufficient gas for heating but still working on other appliances.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We’ve had the low gas bottle issue, and needed to do a physical reset on the boiler as it wouldn’t restart with a fresh bottle. Extremely annoying.

OP
OP
I
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
The 517 code is gas supply interrupted. It could be the regulator. The heater uses a lot more gas than the fridge or cooker. A failing regulator will show a fault first on the Truma boiler and the continued working of other devices does not guarantee it is working properly.

Not had this problem myself but have read several posts about regulators gumming up and failing to supply sufficient gas for heating but still working on other appliances.
Thanks for that, I'll make a note of it in case the fault comes back

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
We’ve had the low gas bottle issue, and needed to do a physical reset on the boiler as it wouldn’t restart with a fresh bottle. Extremely annoying.
Me too. Poor design, isn't it?
Why can't Truma revert to the old controls or use a system like Dometic fridges which just work when you reconnect the supply????

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Me too. Poor design, isn't it?
Why can't Truma revert to the old controls or use a system like Dometic fridges which just work when you reconnect the supply????
A complex 6kW gas heater the size of a small microwave oven needs a few safety devices. The longer cut out only happens if you try to restart a few times without resolving the problem. Can be annoying but I would rather have the safety systems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back