Truma gas heater 6

Az 1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lmc liberty
Trumar combi 6 E so I came across a problem yesterday run it on gas full power it will fire up and run for about 60 seconds shut down the gas and the fans carry on maybe 40 or 50 seconds and it fires up the gas again this is on full gas power and it will continue to ignite and extinguish and each time the gap gets shorter but on logo gas power it will run all night it run all night last night so it was running this morning on low and turned it up this morning the gas turned to full power again but this time it only ignited for about 15 seconds and then shut down the gas part the fans continue and then it reignites again but this time only ignites for five seconds the funds continue then it reignites again but this time it only ignites for one to two seconds the next time the fans speed up but it will not ignite now it's gone cold I'm sure it will ignite again I assume it's some form of a heat sensor letting it down or the fans running slow but can somebody tell me what it will actually be from this description and what sensor it will be and where to find it so it runs on low gas no problem only when you turn it up it keeps igniting an extinguishing itself continuous laugh with no fault it doesn't shut down it just keeps doing a repeated cycle I do not have the digital screen with to get fault codes I only have the old style one to five but if it ran out of gas that dial would flash red and the heater would shut down it's not doing that so I can't get fault code readings any help would be grateful

OP
OP
A

Az 1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lmc liberty
That might be a little difficult to understand my writing when gas is on fullburn it won't stay burning it ran all night on low burn no problem it's just fullburn it won't stay on it's on and off on and off on and off with no faults or no full shutdown

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
I am intrigued by your mention of lowburn and fullburn.

Our Truma 6 heater has a high/eco setting for the fan speed, but to my knowledge, that does not directly affect the gas.

Of course, the high fan speed setting dissipates more heat from the burner, allowing the gas to run hotter.

We have never found the need to run the heater on the high fan speed setting although we have tried it and the fan uses considerably more battery power - 6 amp rather than 1 amp?

It maybe, that for some reason, the 6 amp is causing the heater to lose battery power, causing a shutdown.
Overload of some sort with the thin wiring?

I would suggest that you always run the heater on the ECO fan setting and use the temperature setting to control your comfort.
Ours works perfectly like that and leisure battery lasts longer.

OP
OP
A

Az 1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lmc liberty
I have not messed with any fan speed settings you obviously know more about it than I do I just assumed high speed is high speed so perhaps I need to reword it when I turn the unit on it will normally go to whatever the high-end gas speed whatever you call it straight the way to warm the place up and then it would slow down burn less gas don't know about what fans speed would be it certainly not using six amps it would be on eco issue the problem is is no longer burning gas on the high setting

OP
OP
A

Az 1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lmc liberty
The boiler is on standard whatever it is I am sure I've had this van for nearly two years I've never messed with the settings is always worked it's just all of a sudden is decided to change its behavior it only draws about half an amp of power once up and running so like I said I do not have a digital display control unit I am running on an old fashioned dial speed control so I can't alter the fan speed if I wanted to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Az 1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lmc liberty
This is the only control dial I have don't think I can alter the fan speed internally with this

1729428346101..jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
This is the only control dial I have don't think I can alter the fan speed internally with this
Perhaps, you can explain how you switching between lowburm and fullburn?
and what you mean by full power?

Are you heating water or are you just using the heating.

If that is your photograh, can you tell us what you are doing with control above the thermostat?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
"lowburn", "fullburn" and "full power" are not Truma terms, so you need to explain what you mean .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Does he mean when you turn on the boiler you can hear it (like on full burn) and after a short time it goes quiet but is still working ? at least that's mu experience with the Truma 6e.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back