Truma Combi E - altitude issue? (1 Viewer)

whitmad

Free Member
Apr 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
We're currently travelling in the USA, shipped our van over in March. Now in Santa Fe, New Mexico, around 7,000 feet and neither the heater nor the hot water are working on gas (propane). A couple of times before the water heater failed to light on the first attempt, but was ok on the second, though I don't recall exactly where we were when that happened.

Anyone know whether altitude is a likely cause, and if so, how to deal with it?

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Shouldn't be a problem with a gas combi only the diesel one needs an altitude kit.

Just for general interest; The latest (from 22 or 23) Truma Diesel doesn't need the altitude kit any more.

"A second pump (altitude kit) was previously required for longer heater operation at altitudes of up to 3000 m. Depending on the altitude, an integrated pressure sensor now ensures an ideal diesel/air mixture by automatically controlling the combustion air speed."

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We're currently travelling in the USA, shipped our van over in March. Now in Santa Fe, New Mexico, around 7,000 feet and neither the heater nor the hot water are working on gas (propane). A couple of times before the water heater failed to light on the first attempt, but was ok on the second, though I don't recall exactly where we were when that happened.

Anyone know whether altitude is a likely cause, and if so, how to deal with it?
May be worth trying pouring some hot water over the regulator and if you can get at the bottle/tanks as well.
I am aware you are on propane but it’s worth a try. It will increase the vapour pressure. If you were lacking oxygen you would get a sooty flame

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back