Truma 6E

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696F
Exp
4yrs
Hi, just looking for help from some of the technical guru's on here......... In our M/ home we have a Truma 6E, the issue I have is that when on E.H.U. the heating and hot water won't work...... they both work perfectly on gas, and the electric was working last week while on a site

I have taken the cover off and tried to get at the fuse hidden in unit, but can't.
I have reset the unit on the Truma panel as well as trying to reset the red button in the unit, but, that didn't move.
There are no error codes showing on the panel
I have taken the fuses ( main van panel ) out and checked.

I would appreciate any help

Thank you

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I assume you're giving it a loooong time? My 6E gets to temperature fairly quickly on gas. But it can take half an hour before I can even start to feel a difference in water temperature on electric. It's fine if I'm on site for a few days, I just leave it on.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
There is a fuse for the 230V system but it is well hidden in an area that is not considered to be user accessible. It involves removing the panel lower down than the top one with the red button and 12V fuse. Can be very difficult to get to and you need to be absolutely sure you have disconnected the EHU first. However when I had the problem several years back I did get a fault code.

OP
OP
T
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696F
Exp
4yrs
Thanks for taking the time, however, have just given it 2.5hrs and water still ice, to access the fuse that you describe Pausim, I would have to take the whole kitchen/cooker/sink out to gain access...... think I may have to use a fan heater when its cold, and then use gas for hot water....... Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back