Truma 4e combi water heater not working with gas. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 19, 2018
South Angus, South of the Sidlaws.
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011
On site with no EHU and have tried to heat water using gas. The unit is Truma 4E combi. Last time we'd used gas was about 2.5 years ago (at minus 5C - worked fine).

Have set energy source to Gas, and water heater to ECO and HOT (different attempts). Control panel shows shows flashing water symbol for about 20 seconds then the warning triangle - if I'm quick it shows error 45 (no mains duh!) then NOERR. and system resets source to MIX1 (gas and mains) and switches water heating off.

Gas is fine to the oven/hob, and tap on gas line to the heater is open.
It should operate the water heater in summer mode - though I have no idea if this is set manually or the system decides it's summer based on ambient temperature.

Has anyone had this happen? Any help much appreciated!

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I take it that heater was working recently on electricity? If not used for some time on either source of power maybe the dump valve is open? After that I am fresh out of suggestions.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
This assistance helped us when we ran out of gas and the boiler wouldn’t restart.
We had to reset the boiler itself:

Just to clarify how to reset the boiler, because the button must not be held in too long either! Here is a step guide:

1) The boiler is the big black round thing!

2) There is a green and a red light on it

3) The black button is just to the right from these lights

4) Press and hold the black button til a yellow light start flashing and THEN release the button while it is still flashing! If you wait to long no reset will occur!

5) Now only the green light is on and this means the boiler is resat and ready to use.

My note; the button is tiny, thin and not visible in the Malibu due to orientation of the boiler. It’s nestled under the wires near the LED’s.

OP
OP
JamesT@Dundee
Jul 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011
This assistance helped us when we ran out of gas and the boiler wouldn’t restart.

Just to clarify how to reset the boiler, because the button must not be held in too long either! Here is a step guide:

4) Press and hold the black button til a yellow light start flashing and THEN release the button while it is still flashing! If you wait to long no reset will occur!

5) Now only the green light is on and this means the boiler is resat and ready to use.

My note; the button is tiny, thin and not visible in the Malibu due to orientation of the boiler. It’s nestled under the wires near the LED’s.
Thanks - will see if I can find it. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just a faint click reported by partner.
I THINK the faint click is maybe the air circulation fan trying to start.
It can get blocked by dust, debris and dog hair
Can be cleaned by removing the fan cover and use a small paintbrush to clean it out.

OP
OP
JamesT@Dundee
Jul 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011
I THINK the faint click is maybe the air circulation fan trying to start.
It can get blocked by dust, debris and dog hair
Can be cleaned by removing the fan cover and use a small paintbrush to clean it out.
Thanks. We did manage to get an ignition sound then immediately off again with the 'fleeting' W45H error before control panel showed Off again. Home in a couple of days so think we'll need to wait till then when we can test mains operation.

OP
OP
JamesT@Dundee
Jul 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011

Thanks for your steps. Removed cover and checked, awkward to get to but couldn't see any LEDs at all. I think I'll need to wait until we're back home to investigate further.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Sometime the fault is the regulator. Faults show up first on the gas boiler which demands a lot more gas than the oven or hob. This means the boiler can lock out when other appliances are still performing properly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back