Troubleshooting KS Energy Lithium Leisure Battery Discharge (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
the KS energy app is very clunky at best I found, you have to keep opening and closing it
but if your engine is running on those screenshots above, you are not getting any input from the b2b at all.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
the KS energy app is very clunky at best I found, you have to keep opening and closing it
but if your engine is running on those screenshots above, you are not getting any input from the b2b at all.
You have to go into the cells part then press disconnect and it's fine.

OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
I have a Sterling B2B, similar to the OP's B2B, except that the input is 70A at about 12V but the output is suitable for charging a 48V battery bank. Some aspects of the setup are exactly the same, I think.

It is important when setting up the B2B that it is triggered by the D+ signal from the alternator. However this is not the default behaviour, and if you did a factory reset then the D+ triggering will need to be set up again (the default mode is a voltage trigger level, which is problematic with smart alternators). The green stripe across the front panel tells me that the firmware upgrade to enable D+ triggering has been implemented.

The procedure for setting it into the D+ triggering mode is detailed in the manual, and involves multiple presses of the flaky SETUP/ENTER and SELECT keys for the defined number of seconds. Very tedious and prone to error. Looking on the bright side, it only needs to be done once. Unless someone does a factory reset, of course.

The manual breezily suggests that the B2B will work fine straight out of the box, but that's not true if it's a smart alternator.

I can't see anything in the manual about triggering by the D+ signal.

There is a section about two operational modes: Default and Ignition Feed Mode. Is this what you mean?

I can see that we do have a line to the ignition feed on the B2B so presumably we should be using Ignition Feed Mode but I can't see how to change to that in the instruction manual.

We did another factory reset this morning and made sure that we selected the LiFePO4 charging profile. Everything seemed to be set up correctly as the various LEDs lit up as described in the manual. However, we didn't do anything about changing from Default to Ignition Feed Mode.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back