Travelling to Spain Looking for places to stay near towns with wheelchair accessibility

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
Hi Folks,
We took our motorhome to Rhens in Germany but we were with friends & accessibility with an electric wheelchair did have quite a few hiccups.
So looking for any info for travelling from Dieppe to Spain as here in the UK we try to park up near to transport routes ie Buses or trains to travel to towns etc.
If there are things like this on route & free stops that would work with an 8.26m tag axle motorhome please can the funsters sing out?
Thanks guys 😃

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I can confirm that THIS CAMPING AREA at Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor is wheelchair friendly. All tarmac site, disabled shower facilities, tarmac path all the way to the promenade and 5 miles of fully tiled prom with facilities, bars, restaurants etc. I’m pretty sure there is wheelchair boarding to get you onto the beach itself in a number of places.

Supermarket very close that is wheelchair friendly and many more further afield. I’m pretty sure the on-site restaurant is wheelchair friendly too.

No public transport that I am aware of that would meet your needs but a great place if you can do everything under your own steam and it is a pleasant place to visit with lots of facilities over a spread out area. I’ve seen wheelchair accessible taxis there.

There is a larger new adjacent extension but I’m not sure what the surface is there. It wasn’t done when I last stayed.

OP
OP
Smokaijo

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
I can confirm that THIS CAMPING AREA at Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor is wheelchair friendly. All tarmac site, disabled shower facilities, tarmac path all the way to the promenade and 5 miles of fully tiled prom with facilities, bars, restaurants etc. I’m pretty sure there is wheelchair boarding to get you onto the beach itself in a number of places.

Supermarket very close that is wheelchair friendly and many more further afield. I’m pretty sure the on-site restaurant is wheelchair friendly too.

No public transport that I am aware of that would meet your needs but a great place if you can do everything under your own steam and it is a pleasant place to visit with lots of facilities over a spread out area. I’ve seen wheelchair accessible taxis there.

There is a larger new adjacent extension but I’m not sure what the surface is there. It wasn’t done when I last stayed.
Thank you so much will add it to our list.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Camping Enmar in Pineda de Mar (on coast NE of Barcelona) is an ACSI site, actually in town. It seems to be wheelchair friendly, even has a lift to upstairs bar - may depend on size of wheelchair, I guess. 600m from station for train to Barcelona. Supermarkets in town centre. Closes for winter at the end of the month. Staff incredibly helpful, and reception speak good English.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back