Travelling from the UK with a EPP (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
14 years
Just looking for some advice. We have just adopted a rescue dog in the UK who has come from Spain and has a European Pet Passport. We hope to take her into France and Spain in our motorhome next February returning mid May. The rabies vaccination is valid until 12.6.25 in the EPP but the Titration test segment is empty. Can she travel into France next February with the EPP as is? Do we have to get anything done when we are in Europe to keep everything valid. Thanks for any help on this šŸ™

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You'll be fine. The only thing which matters is the rabies vaccination being in date. Our Spanish pet passport hasn't any titration details and we've used it several times to enter France.

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
As I understand it the titration test is only needed for Morocco, Turkey, Albania and other places like that with known rabies risks. People like Maz and Northern Raider are more authoritative than me. Simple UK / France trips are ok.

OP
OP
Rob19
Oct 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
14 years
Another question, sorry. How do we show her tapeworm treatment has been done? Can a UK vet complete that section in the EPP? I thought I had read that any entry by a UK vet makes the EPP invalid?

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
Missed the second part of your question and it is very important. Get the rabies jab renewed in France before going back to the UK. DO NOT have any entry against this requirement done in the UK. You will invalidate the passport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
UK vets are not allowed to make any entries on an EU pet passport but you donā€™t need worming proof to exit only to enter so get your rabies booster done when you get the dog wormed before returning home.šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Rob19
Oct 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
14 years
Thank you all. All clear for me now šŸ˜Š

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Another question, sorry. How do we show her tapeworm treatment has been done? Can a UK vet complete that section in the EPP? I thought I had read that any entry by a UK vet makes the EPP invalid?
The worming treatment can be done by a UK vet and the details entered in the EU PP, it's the one thing they are allowed to do. But this is only required if you are making a very short trip where the treatment can be done in the UK before you leave. For a day trip this is the only way it can be done as the treatment has to administered at least 24 hours before returning to the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
As others have mentioned, titre test is only necessary if you are visiting high rabies risk non-EU countries. Also any rabies boosters must be administered in the EU.

However, the previous comments made concerning worming are not entirely correct. While you do not need to worm your dog in the UK before entering France, Spain or most other EU countries, you do need to worm your dog if travelling directly to Finland, Norway, Malta or the Republic of Ireland. UK vets can enter worming treatments and health checks into an EU Pet Passport, but these are the only sections that they can complete. This can be useful if you want to spend a very short time in say France, as you can get the worming treatment for return done here before you leave, which saves hanging around for at least 24 hours in France on your way back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back