May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
It's what some of the French do with the taps which puts us off. šŸ„˜
Mostly the French (maybe others as well) do not think about the germs!
We use disinfectant wipes on taps in France, and sometimes in UK, and never put the tap nozzle into your water can, keep a healthy distance between the two!

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
We never, EVER use bottled water or sterilising solutions or tablets.. or carbonated water (which is what perrier and badoit are). I drain and flush the fresh water tank when we come home, and flush it and fill it to some degree when we set out. Depends where we are going .. if we are going to a site, no point in taking water there, we will put a few litres in to keep the system going ok and top up on arrival. If offgrid, take more, obvs.
I'm happy to drink the tank water but at home we use a water filter so I usually fill a bidon and a bottle or two with filtered water, you can put it in the fridge .. makes the Laphroig & Lagavulin taste better :)

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Our moho is 5000kg and carries 200 litres water in the
We never, EVER use bottled water or sterilising solutions or tablets.. or carbonated water (which is what perrier and badoit are). I drain and flush the fresh water tank when we come home, and flush it and fill it to some degree when we set out. Depends where we are going .. if we are going to a site, no point in taking water there, we will put a few litres in to keep the system going ok and top up on arrival. If offgrid, take more, obvs.
I'm happy to drink the tank water but at home we use a water filter so I usually fill a bidon and a bottle or two with filtered water, you can put it in the fridge .. makes the Laphroig & Lagavulin taste better :)

tank, but even so we occasionally run dry. If so we head for the nearest cemetary, as they always have a tap. We only ever drink bottled water, never from the tank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back