Travel Insurance after a trip has started

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We are currently away in Spain whilst our house conveyancing goes through. We were planning on heading back at the end of this month, though it now looks like we will have at least another 3 weeks to wait.

We have extended our current travel insurance with Nationwide which would take us to the end of the month. However we now need another three week cover which they wont extend as we are already away.

So we have two choices. Fly back to UK and start a new trip or buy an additional insurance policy which will provide cover after a trip has started.

We are looking at the second option as an easier solution. So does anyone have any recommendations of providers they may have used in a similar situation?
Thanks
Howard

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are currently away in Spain whilst our house conveyancing goes through. We were planning on heading back at the end of this month, though it now looks like we will have at least another 3 weeks to wait.

We have extended our current travel insurance with Nationwide which would take us to the end of the month. However we now need another three week cover which they wont extend as we are already away.

So we have two choices. Fly back to UK and start a new trip or buy an additional insurance policy which will provide cover after a trip has started.

We are looking at the second option as an easier solution. So does anyone have any recommendations of providers they may have used in a similar situation?
Thanks
Howard
I think you will have difficulty finding any insurer to insure you if you are away.
I don't know but just a guess, can you get insurance from a Spanish insurer

OP
OP
Howard B
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
I think you will have difficulty finding any insurer to insure you if you are away.
I don't know but just a guess, can you get insurance from a Spanish insurer
There are quite a few if you do a Google search, just looking for personal recommendations.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

Thanks
Howard
As everything is done online how would they know where you are?

I’d start a new policy. I’d be surprised if it states you must be at your home address. Or assess the situation and see how lucky you feel :ROFLMAO:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I thought you had to be in the UK when you took the insurance out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back