Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Ours did the same two days after the warranty ended. It was the elements with ours. Got gradually less hot. 6E truma.

We find putting the heating on actually heats up the water.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Which setting are you using on the water?

Eco is a waste of time as it heats to 40° but the thermostat has a large hysteris doesn't switch back on until the water is down to 27° so most of the time you get luke warm water.

On Hot it heats to 60° and maintains it there.

On Boost it heats to 62° then turns off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Which setting are you using on the water?

Eco is a waste of time as it heats to 40° but the thermostat has a large hysteris doesn't switch back on until the water is down to 27° so most of the time you get luke warm water.

On Hot it heats to 60° and maintains it there.

On Boost it heats to 62° then turns off.
Its on electric no 2 all night

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We often use electricity on out 4E in the summer and it's fine. Useless if you want heat as well though. We leave the water heater on 24/7 as cant see the point of repeatedly letting it get cold and having to heat it up again.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I would have thought the more the elements work the shorter their life will be. So when I occasionally use electric, I run it the same as when on gas. Turn it on about 40mins before use. Turn off when I don’t need hot water anymore.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would have thought the more the elements work the shorter their life will be. So when I occasionally use electric, I run it the same as when on gas. Turn it on about 40mins before use. Turn off when I don’t need hot water anymore.
I use the timer for hot water in the morning any other time we boil a kettle. Rarely use EHU so normally on gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Should it get the water as hot as it does on gas? Im going to try electric again tonight and see how it is tomorrow. When its on gas its almost too hot.
It depends on your unit. We have two electrical settings (roughly applicable to 4Amps and 8Amps (depends on your source). The electric elements never quite reach the same temperature as the gas ( certainly never as quickly). On all night sounds like at least one of your elements isn’t working. We have an ECO setting on gas that shortens the time and limits the temperature a bit. Note what Lenny HB said about cooling down over time ( but it’s not THAT cold now, is it?Forgive the stupid question - but when you say gas gets the water too hot - you do have a mixer tap to allow cold in - don’t you?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back