Transit Custom Limited 320 - Alarm (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford MS-RT
Good afternoon all,

I have been lurking in the background for a while, picking up tips here and there. Now subscribed and have my first question, but first you need to know about the van.

Its a 2019 Transit Custom Ltd 320, which has then had the MS-RT Treatment. My son paid for it to be converted as a camper for me and the dog, as a retirement present.

Hopefully next week will be my first trip out, and one question thats bugged me, is about the vehicle alarm when we are sleeping in it.

Obviously I want to be locking all the doors, but if I do it via the fob I would get the option on the dash of "Full Alarm" or "Reduced Alarm". I assume the "Reduced" turns off the internal movement sensors, but keeps the door alarmed?

Hoping someone might have some experience in this area that can advise the best way forward. Last thing I want is to turn up on site and annoy happy campers with the alarm going off in the middle of the night :giggle:

Many thanks

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I would guess that that is what happens but do not know definitely.hopefully someone else will

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Do you have access to the manual?

On our 2019 VW there are lock and unlock buttons on the door, which lock without setting the alarm. I should have thought the Ford would have something similar.

OP
OP
D
Jul 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford MS-RT
Thanks for responding. Had a first camping session this week and used the central locking buttons on the drivers door to secure the vehicle, although the display shows a message to say select full alarm or reduced alarm, I just ignored it, and still all doors were secured, so I am a lot happier now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back