Towing trailer with motorcycle insurance (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Im now have my Trivango trailer and in June will be loading the Monster 750 on ,, but when talking to LV who insure MH they can add trailer to my policy but wether the bike is insured is not at all cleared so contacted Ramasis my bike insurer who said if bike is on Trailer its not covered as vehicle cover will be as MH cargo ??? but if its off the trailer it is covered for theft and accidents ???? im now confused ,,

opinions please

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Interesting, I look forward to hearing people's views, I never checked as I just assumed I was insured to tow and the bike was fully comp so should be covered in itself should anything happen.

Cheers
Red.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I towed my bike but never checked the insurance and thankfully I never needed to claim so I don't know. I didn't think about it and now I think I may not have covered šŸ¤”

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
When I towed my folding camper, while hitched to car it was covered by car unhitched covered by it's own insurance. Now does the mh and trailer cover whatever is on it?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was insured by NFU a few years ago.
They insured my trailer and load (bike) (excluding livestock) for Ā£1000 as part of the vans insurance but only if attached at the time of accident.
This also applied to my toad as a trailer.
They may have abandoned this cover

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki Sport
Exp
Still learning Since 2015
I was insured by NFU a few years ago.
They insured my trailer and load (bike) (excluding livestock) for Ā£1000 as part of the vans insurance but only if attached at the time of accident.
This also applied to my toad as a trailer.
They may have abandoned this cover
I have my renewal docs from NFU and it still states in the whatā€™s insured page Trailer cover up to Ā£1000

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I have checked both bike and van insurance and neither mention "trailer" or "towing" as an exclusion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
LV just confirmed Bike not covered on MOHO policy

And Swinton just told me , Bike not covered when on trailer ,, but yesterday they told me it was .. so now im really pissed off

Oh and cargo or goods in transit cover for trailers is only available for commercial companies not private vehicles so seems my expensive motorcycles Cannot be insured on a trailer ??????

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back