tow bar fitment (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
hi ,,does any one know if the tow bar fitted to a autotrail imala will fit other fiat based models ? i am thinking of changing to a slightly larger adria coral ,and if the one i want, doesnt have a bar fitted ,could mine be transferred to it thanks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If they both use same chassis then yes. If unsure?
I would take the Towbar off just in case it fits your newer van as it wonā€™t make any difference to the price you get if trading it in

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
The towbar itself will fit but the extensions might be different lengths and the brackets connecting it all to the chassis may need adjusting.The plates used will have multiple holes to allow for different floor heights in relation to the end of the chassis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
The towbar itself will fit but the extensions might be different lengths and the brackets connecting it all to the chassis may need adjusting.The plates used will have multiple holes to all for different floor heights in relation to the end of the chassis.
ah ,,thanks,, think i just remove it then,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
ah ,,thanks,, think i just remove it then,,
I've just paid a wedge to have one fitted to a brand new m/h.If I was transferring it I'd defo remove it and fit myself to another.

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I've just paid a wedge to have one fitted to a brand new m/h.If I was transferring it I'd defo remove it and fit myself to another.
thanks they seem to look easy to fit compared to some of the cars i have done ,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back