Tolls on German Motorways/Autobahns >3.5 tonnes (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I entered Germany from the Netherlands yesterday and was surprised to see a sign saying tolls applied and then seeing overhead gantries with multiple cameras. Further enquiry revealed that from 1 July 2024 (tomorrow) any vehicle over 3,500 kg MTPLM will be subject to tolls. The previous limit was anything over 7,500 kg.

There is an app, Toll Collect, that enables you to preregister your route, learn what tolls would apply and arrange for payment (I haven’t got that far as the Ts&Cs are all in German). My route tomorrow of about 320 km is scheduled to cost €36.50 - Euro 6 tag axle 5,400 kg.

I haven’t hear anything about this until yesterday and I can’t find anything on the forums, so this is for information of anyone else likely to get a surprise.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Reading the page referenced above it states;
The toll requirement only applies to vehicles that are intended or used for road haulage. Vehicle combinations are only subject to tolls if the TPMLM of the towing vehicle exceeds 3.5 tonnes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cavs
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
OK people, you appear to be right and I’m wrong. Sorry to bother everyone. I shall have another glass of wine!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back