Toll Tags (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks carolyn Starling is on my list of potential alternatives to the bank I am with now how do you find it?
Co-operative app still down day 4. Has happened several times recently and I have had enough.
I’m not sure what you mean by ”how do you find it”. To use it you have to down load the app, they used to automatically send out a physical card but you may have to request a physical card now. You do with a few of the online banks. To get the Ts&Cs just google them, they come out very well in reviews.https://www.starlingbank.com/here’s the link. It’s pretty clear so you don’t even need to google it.

You don’t have to switch your bank account, most of us just use it as an extra overseas card.

May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
may go that way in the future, can always cancel the emovis for the tag at a later date, dont like that revolut is not regulated, can it be used as a prepaid type card or do you need to have your wages/pension paid in?
couldn't really get the answer i wanted on the site
So far I just put enough money in to cover expenditure. I do like having a balance in £s and Euros. I can buy euros quickly when the rate is up.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
We bought an Emovis tag through the CAMC to avoid the banking problems - particiularly as we have a Building Society account and I am not sure how that would register. Got a discount on the first fee charged (can't remember what it's called but it was 8 euros). It arrived within 3 days of ordering on line.
Sue

Nov 1, 2021
Lanarkshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO Time
Exp
Complete newbie
Good Morning All.
We are off to France for a month touring and wondered whether to get a toll tag rather than pay by card or cash. We have been a number of times through France but never had a tag. Are they worth it and what would you recommend to use?

Bob
Look at Mango. Used one on our six week trip to France last year and it was brilliant. We have a 6M motorhome with infrequent use in France. No sign up charges and only €1.7 per month (or it was) when in use.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I also bought the Mango, now Fulli, tag a while ago while it was on a free offer. Only used it for the first time a few days ago and its worked perfectly in France. We should be in Spain in a couple of weeks hence so will see if it works there.

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
We travelled down to Spain through France in January and at the A28 payage the charge was 68 euros it wouldn't take any of our cards I had 2 wife had 1 luckily we had cash but often travel with little as cards are taken everywhere. When I got to Spain I ordered a tag from Fulli to be delivered to the campsite in Spain. I had to travel on my own on tolls a couple of times it was absolutely brilliant no jumping across seats etc. My wife also has trouble reaching for the high level tickets which is where they always seem to be, now none of that straight through at every toll. The money will automatically taken from my bank. Should have done it years ago now always class 2 no arguing as before.

We hit a few tolls in Brittany last year so going with a tag this year.

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Look at Mango. Used one on our six week trip to France last year and it was brilliant. We have a 6M motorhome with infrequent use in France. No sign up charges and only €1.7 per month (or it was) when in use.

Thanks for that. We have gone for the Bip and Go tag in the end. We are away for a month later in the year so see how it goes.

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
We got one last year from Mango Mobilité, now Fulli, a year subscription-free, then only charged for the month in which you use it and covers Spain and Portugal as well. We thought it was great no quotes anywhere, really quick drive through, no fiddling about for cards or coins. It came with a spare mount so we stuck it on our car when we took that out for Christmas with friend in France. We just had to log in on the Web site and change the numberplate on the account.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

InvictaMoto

Free Member
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
I have an Emovis tag and use it in the car, Moho and even on my bike.

It has no problem differentiating between classes at the toll. On the bike this means no gloves off messing about...

Wait for the beep and go.

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I am thinking about emovis..my moho is 2.9m high, but I have a small round ariel at the back...Will it still count as under 3m or be detected at over 3m...I did a chat with emovis and he had to ask a colleague, then he said the tag wouldn't work ad it would be detected at 3m....I can't understand that...how do trucks get through..

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I am thinking about emovis..my moho is 2.9m high, but I have a small round ariel at the back...Will it still count as under 3m or be detected at over 3m...I did a chat with emovis and he had to ask a colleague, then he said the tag wouldn't work ad it would be detected at 3m....I can't understand that...how do trucks get through..
I was in the same situation as you, I was assured the height is based on the vehicle not including and aerials, if there is an issue pull over and talk to the toll office - never had any problems. I am now over 3.5t so searching for an alternative to emovis.

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
My van is 2.9 plus and aerial above
Last yr in France went thru circ 15 tolls and no issue over height

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I was in the same situation as you, I was assured the height is based on the vehicle not including and aerials, if there is an issue pull over and talk to the toll office - never had any problems. I am now over 3.5t so searching for an alternative to emovis.
Thank you..

Jun 7, 2022
Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
I recently read that the A79 is now peage but with no toll booths. Called Autoroute Flux Libre. Does anyone know how this works and would a tag of any sort be of use?

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
I recently read that the A79 is now peage but with no toll booths. Called Autoroute Flux Libre. Does anyone know how this works and would a tag of any sort be of use?
Yes, any of the French toll tags would save you the bother of remembering to make a payment for the journey. We used the A79 in January and February of this year. There are no toll booths at all so no bottlenecks and you can either log on to the ALIAE website & pay for your journey in advance or pay within 72 hours after your journey. Alternatively you can pull on to one of the service areas along the Flux Libre section and pay at one of the payment machines there. I have read that other sections of Autoroute will be going the same way, notably the A13 Le Havre to Paris expected in 2024. Info here

Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
From what I understand, it is for up to 3.5 t as you say. I don't know how strict the criteria would be and how they would check it. I am no expert by any means with this so will take any advice available.
Mine's 3.8t and I have a Fulli tag. I think the barriers themselves have mechanisms to determine the size of the vehicle (mainly height) and that determines the charge, just as it would if you paid manually. Can't remember if Fulli asked for the vehicle weight when I registered, though pretty sure it has the reg plate details.

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
Mine's 3.8t and I have a Fulli tag. I think the barriers themselves have mechanisms to determine the size of the vehicle (mainly height) and that determines the charge, just as it would if you paid manually. Can't remember if Fulli asked for the vehicle weight when I registered, though pretty sure it has the reg plate details.

Just completed Fulli application. So far so good. Just required Registration. No other vehicle information.
Tried first with Ulys, gave up after a couple of days of nonsense.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Just completed Fulli application. So far so good. Just required Registration. No other vehicle information.
Tried first with Ulys, gave up after a couple of days of nonsense.

I first registered with Mango/Fulli using the registration for my wife’s small Kia as we hadn’t taken delivery of the MoHo at that point. When the registration did become available I switched it over in the account section of the app and, as you say, no further details were required.

We are 3650kg but exactly 2999 high with the aircon unit and only two axles - and identical to the same van supplied as 3500kg. I can’t see how we will be charged other than class2.

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
We are 3650kg but exactly 2999 high with the aircon unit and only two axles - and identical to the same van supplied as 3500kg. I can’t see how we will be charged other than class2.
I had emovis previously and whilst I never had an issue with height or class it was easy to log into account and advise if they got it wrong - Last year I checked every week and was always class 2
using Fulli this yr so presumably they do the same

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I've just had an e mail from emovis....I told them my moho is 2.9m but the atiel is round and about 8" in diameter....
They have said...
" unfortunately it will detect it as over 3m..
That's rubbish.....

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
If I still get a tag , will I be charged at a higher tariff, class3....
All I can say is my van is 2.9m plus TV aerial and never got charged more than class2
I would have removed aerial if it was easy as dont even have a TV ! - Took a chance with aerial on and worked no problem
Using Fullii this yr so presume will be the same 🤞

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
I've just had an e mail from emovis....I told them my moho is 2.9m but the atiel is round and about 8" in diameter....
They have said...
" unfortunately it will detect it as over 3m..
That's rubbish.....

If I still get a tag , will I be charged at a higher tariff, class3....

Have a look at this French Autoroute Information booklet: Les Classes

On the right of the leaflet is a section headed "Les Critères” that relates to vehicle height and includes a “Remarques” (Notes) section.

This says

"Things that DO NOT affect the total-height calculation

- Loads carried on the roof or on a trailer.

- Accessories such as antennas, roof-boxes or roof racks, rotating lights, taxi signs, satellite aerials, rooflights, solar panels.

Things that DO affect the total-height calculation

- Additions to the basic vehicle, such as truck sleeping pods, air-conditioners, refrigeration units."

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
I had emovis previously and whilst I never had an issue with height or class it was easy to log into account and advise if they got it wrong - Last year I checked every week and was always class 2
using Fulli this yr so presumably they do the same

Used the Mango/Fulli tag to good effect yesterday on the Autostrada in one hit from before Turin to the Adriatic below Rimini. Worked flawlessly at all the toll stations, so very impressed with it so far - Mrs Orion was a bit concerned heading towards the barrier at a fair bit more than walking pace the first couple of times as I hadn’t told her it was in operation! :eek: Won’t have confirmation of the correct charges until invoiced next month but I’m reasonably confident it will be correct.

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Thanks for all the advice. We have gone with the Bip and Go tag in the end. I will report back when we return from France.

Aug 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail GF70
Exp
since 1993
Hi, my motorhome sits at 3.1mtrs, what are the choices as they all seem to want under 3mtrs?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back