Toll Tags payments (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I have been trawling for french motorway tags and have found Bip & Go, Fulli, ATMB etc etc. All fine, except I cannot find a way to pay them due to Euro Direct Debit. The Emovi tag takes UK money but seems to be very expensive compared to the others. I note many of you have the tags mentioned, how do you pay for them. At the moment my only option is emovi and paying for two cards (£67!!).
Any guidance would be appreciated. I have First Direct and Chase accounts. Thanks.
I don’t understand your charges, I have Emovis tags, 2 currently, I paid €10 deposit each on starting then i pay €10 each per year admin fees, if I give them up I get my €10 deposit back.
I get a statement each month showing all the tolls I have used, in Euros, they calculate the average of the exchange rate for the whole month that’s the official rate not the tourist rate, and they take the payment 30 days later. In effect I get 60 days credit.
Personally I wouldn’t use anyone else..I’ve been with them for France and Spain/Portugal for 18 years..

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I don’t understand your charges, I have Emovis tags, 2 currently, I paid €10 deposit each on starting then i pay €10 each per year admin fees, if I give them up I get my €10 deposit back.
I get a statement each month showing all the tolls I have used, in Euros, they calculate the average of the exchange rate for the whole month that’s the official rate not the tourist rate, and they take the payment 30 days later. In effect I get 60 days credit.
Personally I wouldn’t use anyone else..I’ve been with them for France and Spain/Portugal for 18 years..

Just checked my account the deposit has increased to €20.00. Which you get back when you return the tag. The admin fees are still €10.00 per year each tag.

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Just checked my account the deposit has increased to €20.00. Which you get back when you return the tag. The admin fees are still €10.00 per year each tag.
I must also add that in any one year, the first month in 12 that you first use the tag, there’s a €5.00 fee too.
But in any one year, I use my tag six months of the year, when you work out the exchange rate, it is exchanged last month at 1.1837 not 1.0900 from the banks or the PO. On 125.00: Euros of costs you save 12.00 in my case that’s at least 6 times a year! And I spend at least 150 each way and go 3 times it well and truly saves me money..

Jul 14, 2021
Lymington
Funster No
MH
fiat sunliving S65SL
Exp
B class
I have used Fulli when is was mango. Halifax would not pay them so when they contacted me I paid by credit card. Why they can’t accept that in the first place I don’t know.

OP
OP
V
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
Charges associated with the Emovis Tag service

This is the current offer from Emovi.
Fulli was
Details of the price of the order :

Subscription amount :

Total price : 4.9 €

Usage amount :

• Start-up fees : 4.9 €
  • Management fees Monthly Spain/Portugal (0€ per month not used*) : 2.4 €
  • Management fees monthly Italy (0€ per month not used*) : 2.4 €
  • Management fees Monthly France : 0 €
  • Card delivery costs : 0 €
  • Delivery fees outside France : 0 €
That's why I was not keen to use Emovi ,although I wanted to for simplicity. However I will use the Revolut account for this and as a touch phone account with just a few pounds available in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Charges associated with the Emovis Tag service

This is the current offer from Emovi.
Fulli was
Details of the price of the order :

Subscription amount :

Total price : 4.9 €

Usage amount :

• Start-up fees : 4.9 €
  • Management fees Monthly Spain/Portugal (0€ per month not used*) : 2.4 €
  • Management fees monthly Italy (0€ per month not used*) : 2.4 €
  • Management fees Monthly France : 0 €
  • Card delivery costs : 0 €
  • Delivery fees outside France : 0 €
That's why I was not keen to use Emovi ,although I wanted to for simplicity. However I will use the Revolut account for this and as a touch phone account with just a few pounds available in it.
I know the Harrogate based company has been bought by another organisation but they have not increased my charges yet, I just checked my account and other than the refund increasing they have not charged me as per your pricing schedule. Mmm maybe it will go up!

Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
bailey
I have been trawling for french motorway tags and have found Bip & Go, Fulli, ATMB etc etc. All fine, except I cannot find a way to pay them due to Euro Direct Debit. The Emovi tag takes UK money but seems to be very expensive compared to the others. I note many of you have the tags mentioned, how do you pay for them. At the moment my only option is emovi and paying for two cards (£67!!).
Any guidance would be appreciated. I have First Direct and Chase accounts. Thanks.
if you do emovis through cmc you get discount. i didnt bother with spain tag not enough tolls just did france for 30 quid set up but dont forget when u send tag back you get 20 back, tag was great worked everytime so for 10 per year max charge its worth it. i also like i get invoiced 15th of the month then money comes out end of following month.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Bio and Go bought through CMC. They waived the start up cost and take the charges through our BS account that does not have a IBSN facility.
Sue

Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
I used to have the emovis tag set up for France Nd Spain/Portugal 2 set ups, 2 tag box thingies, then we wanted to go to Italy, Emovis said "no can do". So for Italy another box one this time from toll tickets now 3 tag thingies 3× monthly charges when used. 2 different payments all very complicated. Now I have sent them all back, got the deposit refunds, and have got a single toll thingy from Tolltickets. This single box thingy does France, Spain, Portugal and Italy no deposit, single payment, ( they excepted my Halifax account) Simples!

Oct 27, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
2021 Carado V132 LHD
Exp
since 2005
I've recently changed from Emovis to Fulli.
Just put in my normal Barclays account IBAN number and Bob's yer uncle.
Possibly the result of using a proper bank that does everything one expects of a bank rather than a Johnny-come-lately organisation rich in marketing hype. But then I'm old enough to have walked into a Barclays branch in Hong Kong to cash some travellers' cheques! They had quite good worldwide coverage back then, mostly Commonwealth countries.

Apr 28, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
Ah travellers cheques, now there's a ravefrom the grave....pre mobile phone or personal computers, or even the EU all different european currencies, Francs Deutchmarks, Crona, Lira etc.quite a rigmarole, cashing them at the destination bank so you didn't have to carry cash. That brought the memories back!

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I have Spanish Bank Accounts but I use Revolut, much simpler
Toll tag fees would pale into insignificance against Spanish account charges. I reckon over the fourteen years I had my apartment, I must have paid for all the real estate of BBVA. No mustn't exaggerate, it was probably only half.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Toll tag fees would pale into insignificance against Spanish account charges. I reckon over the fourteen years I had my apartment, I must have paid for all the real estate of BBVA. No mustn't exaggerate, it was probably only half.
isn't there a new Online banking (similar to Revolut) opened up?

They were offering Non Residents Tax returns for €49,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back