Toll Tags payments (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
I have been trawling for french motorway tags and have found Bip & Go, Fulli, ATMB etc etc. All fine, except I cannot find a way to pay them due to Euro Direct Debit. The Emovi tag takes UK money but seems to be very expensive compared to the others. I note many of you have the tags mentioned, how do you pay for them. At the moment my only option is emovi and paying for two cards (£67!!).
Any guidance would be appreciated. I have First Direct and Chase accounts. Thanks.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Starling Euro account ✔️

We have a Frulli tag and pay with both a Starling Euro account and from their standard joint account. Starling use current exchange rate for any non sterling transactions.

You just need an IBAN numbered account!

OP
OP
V
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Well sorry to report back, that despite my best efforts First Direct will not allow Fulli to debit my account in Euros. That was after using the IBAN etc. Then a conversion with an online rep. Anybody got any ideas as I have actually received a Fulli tag today, and an email saying they cannot collect the 1 euro security payment.

Chase does not do it either. Looks like a tag is not going to happen for me.
Seems only the following accept SEPA arrangements according to uncle google.
  • National Westminster Bank plc.
  • National Westminster Bank Plc t/a Ulster Bank.
  • Nationwide Building Society.
  • Northern Bank Limited t/a Danske Bank.
  • Novatum Tech Limited.
  • Noveba Limited.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Well sorry to report back, that despite my best efforts First Direct will not allow Fulli to debit my account in Euros. That was after using the IBAN etc. Then a conversion with an online rep. Anybody got any ideas as I have actually received a Fulli tag today, and an email saying they cannot collect the 1 euro security payment.

Chase does not do it either. Looks like a tag is not going to happen for me.
Seems only the following accept SEPA arrangements according to uncle google.
  • National Westminster Bank plc.
  • National Westminster Bank Plc t/a Ulster Bank.
  • Nationwide Building Society.
  • Northern Bank Limited t/a Danske Bank.
  • Novatum Tech Limited.
  • Noveba Limited.
Revolut works perfectly. Loads of people open one just for that.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi, try Revolut that's who I use but make sure that the d/d is authorised as mine has not been done but get an email from Fulli so just pay from the Revolut a/c .

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Another user of Revolut here once set up with their app you can transfer money from £ to euro then pay the 1 euro with the euro account then they will take the money out of the euro account the following month. Revolut will let you know how much you have run up before you have to pay it to make sure you have time to get the money in the euro account you set up before they try to take it.

OP
OP
V
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Thanks all, for the benefit of others, whilst not proven yet I am mildy confident this will work.

Ok, have opened a Revolut account via my phone app store. Started a virtual standard card (you do not have to order a physical card) and added a few pounds. Then opened a 2nd account from within the app, except this one is in Euro. Then moved money using the exchange feature, from sterling to Euro using the account I set up in the 1st place. Then go to the Euro account and look at the details, it will show you the IBAN and bank code. Amended my Fulli account with these details. Fingers crossed all good.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks all, for the benefit of others, whilst not proven yet I am mildy confident this will work.

Ok, have opened a Revolut account via my phone app store. Started a virtual standard card (you do not have to order a physical card) and added a few pounds. Then opened a 2nd account from within the app, except this one is in Euro. Then moved money using the exchange feature, from sterling to Euro using the account I set up in the 1st place. Then go to the Euro account and look at the details, it will show you the IBAN and bank code. Amended my Fulli account with these details. Fingers crossed all good.
Yes, that should work. We started with Revolut paying in from a Santander account.
Moved to Starling bank as prefer their software and financial security, although Revolut's has improved recently. Just need to make sure you transfer from your UK account and convert to Euros in time before the tag company bills you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BriannYe

LIFE MEMBER
May 4, 2017
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Starling uk account also has an IBAN so you could set up with that. You can find it by checking account details and clicking international.

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
We use emovis, can’t do with the hassle of opening other bank accounts. Just comes straight out of our Barclays account.
€10 application fee, €10 annual fee, €20 returnable deposit, €7 per month used (max charge 2 months), plus toll fees.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Amended my Fulli account with these details. Fingers crossed all good.

Have you paid the €1 initial/trial charge from Fulli? It might be worthwhile doing it manually from your Revolut euro account if not already done so as it then establishes the working link between the two parties.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I have been trawling for french motorway tags and have found Bip & Go, Fulli, ATMB etc etc. All fine, except I cannot find a way to pay them due to Euro Direct Debit. The Emovi tag takes UK money but seems to be very expensive compared to the others. I note many of you have the tags mentioned, how do you pay for them. At the moment my only option is emovi and paying for two cards (£67!!).
Any guidance would be appreciated. I have First Direct and Chase accounts. Thanks.

ATMB can be paid by UK credit card, which is useful if you ever have a problem with their charges. That's how I pay ours.

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
We use emovis, can’t do with the hassle of opening other bank accounts. Just comes straight out of our Barclays account.
€10 application fee, €10 annual fee, €20 returnable deposit, €7 per month used (max charge 2 months), plus toll fees.
That’s expensive.

Fulli is €1 application fee to check the payment link works, €0 annual fee, €0 deposit, €1.70 per month used plus toll fees.

I pay from my Starling GBP current account. No need for a Euro account.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Exp
That’s expensive.

Fulli is €1 application fee to check the payment link works, €0 annual fee, €0 deposit, €1.70 per month used plus toll fees.

I pay from my Starling GBP current account. No need for a Euro account.
So once you pay the €1 application fee
Thats it and if you dont use for a whole 12 months there is no extra charges

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
So once you pay the €1 application fee
Thats it and if you dont use for a whole 12 months there is no extra charges

IIRC the €1 transaction was refunded as it was just to establish a working link to the account.

Check out the Fulli website for offers as it can from time to time include 12 months of no management fees for France, free registration, delivery, etc.

Feb 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0T
Exp
Since 2002
Revolut works perfectly. Loads of people open one just for that.
That the one I opened to get our bip and go. I have a starling account but they are not accepting euro applications at the moment.

Jun 25, 2020
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since2001
We use Ulys with a Revolut card account. Only pay for the month's you use at 2€ a month. Useable in France, Italy and Spain, though only used in Italy this year. Takes about 10 days for the windscreen gizmo to arrive and a little beep as you drive through....

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

What's not to like. Brilliant service.

Oct 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rimor
I have been trawling for french motorway tags and have found Bip & Go, Fulli,ATMB etc etc. All fine, except I cannot find a way to pay them due to Euro Direct Debit. The Emovi tag takes UK money but seems to be very expensive compared to the others. I note many of you have the tags mentioned, how do you pay for them. At the moment my only option is emovi and paying for two cards (£67!!).
I have a Revolut account and linked my Ulys device to that. I always keep a euro balance in my Revolut account and you only pay for the device in the months you use it

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

Hi I have Just changed from Emovis to Fulli using my Revolute account and it works fine😊👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back