Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The worst part about having a toll tag is when they don’t work as mentioned for the reasons above. Only then are you reminded of how laborious winding down the window and swiping your card is…..

Convenient until they are not convenient and then they are no less convenient than the manual method🤔😂

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I expect you did get the bag but threw it out not realizing what it was. Its more like a tiny self sealing plastic/foil bag 5 x 10 cm , I’d put mine in the bin before I realised. I rescued it though.

I think they should last many years. I don't think they would expect them to be replaced yearly. I think you’d soon find yourself being charged. Other makes last 6 or 7 years, I think that’s more normal.
I can't swear I didn't get a bag, but I certainly do not remember seeing one. If I did get one, it's gone forever 😂 , but I had no intention of using it either. The tag is on the screen and will remain there until it's death. I just hope it will last a good time. Thank you for your input carolyn

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, of course, it's like asking how long is a piece of string. Would it be better maybe to order a new one every year for example? I did not get a bag to put mine in, but either way it is on the van screen and there it will stay. Does anybody have experience of a couple of years using these tags and can say how long they would last? One year, two, less? Mine is a Fulli, if that makes a difference.
I have dug out the little pouch supplied. It seems that our tag is now ‘fulli’ rather than APPR.

On the front of the bag it says “keep this bag inside your car and put the tag inside when tou don’t want to use it.”

On the rear of the pouch it says “Please be sure to attach your tag to your shield.”

I put this in because the photos aren’t that clear. 🙂

IMG_1856.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have dug out the little pouch supplied. It seems that our tag is now ‘fulli’ rather than APPR.

On the front of the bag it says “keep this bag inside your car and put the tag inside when tou don’t want to use it.”

On the rear of the pouch it says “Please be sure to attach your tag to your shield.”

I put this in because the photos aren’t that clear. 🙂

View attachment 969819View attachment 969820
Ours is a very dull green and dead plain which is why I threw it out! I’m sure if Barriesimpson had received one like yours he wouldn’t have thrown it out. Apologies!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The worst part about having a toll tag is when they don’t work as mentioned for the reasons above. Only then are you reminded of how laborious winding down the window and swiping your card is…..

Convenient until they are not convenient and then they are no less convenient than the manual method🤔😂
I think you feel even more resentful as should work! Bah humbug.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Ok, seeing the photos of the bag I understand it is a 'faraday pouch' because it says to use it when you don't want to use the tag (domestic tin foil will have the same effect). So it will not preserve the battery but just renders the tag useless at the tolls. As I already said mine is on the van screen for when it is needed and as I intend to be travelling for the next few years, I have no need to put it away.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Here is fulli’s video (French only I’m afraid).

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
These toll tags might be useful in countries with booth systems but cannot be integrated with countries like Austria, which has a gantry system, nor countries like Poland and others which have gone for a GPS system which has no infrastructure on the ground,

Switzerland is also entirely different because for >3.5t it is based on days in the country, not kms.

Where were the EU when the public needed them to integrate these systems?

HGV drivers must go mad.
Portugal has a mixture of gantries (which charge per exit), toll barriers (which raise automatically with tags) and 'V' Lanes where you just drive through.

We found the Fulli tags works fine on the gantries and on the toll barriers.
But does not work on the 'V' lanes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I assumed you put it in bag if you’re driving through tolls but don’t want to use the tag, the bag will stop it being read.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back