WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Used our Fulli tags for the tolls today for the first time - what a game changer ! Mrs bags not having to hang out the window , me not having to get the moho ever closer and , in the main , no idiots holding up the queue in front .
No smacky bum bum??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I travel solo so I'm more than happy to get out at the tolls as stopping gives me the opportunity to stretch my legs, do a walk round to check the tyres, make sure that all skylights are firmly closed, check the next bit of the route on my map, update progress in my travel notes, find a Mars bar and get another bottle of Coke from the fridge.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Downsized to Bongo!
Exp
Since 2012
I'm more than happy to get out at the tolls as stopping gives me the opportunity to stretch my legs, do a walk round to check the tyres, make sure that all skylights are firmly closed, check the next bit of the route on my map, write up my log, find a Mars bar and get another bottle of Coke from the fridge.
And the car drivers behind don't mind? :)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Used our Fulli tag for the first time on this trip ,and it is great going through the toll at 30mph
What happens if it fails to register at 30mph? Can you pay later?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Tags are great….until they fail, without warning, due a flat battery in the clicker.🤨

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
These toll tags might be useful in countries with booth systems but cannot be integrated with countries like Austria, which has a gantry system, nor countries like Poland and others which have gone for a GPS system which has no infrastructure on the ground,

Switzerland is also entirely different because for >3.5t it is based on days in the country, not kms.

Where were the EU when the public needed them to integrate these systems?

HGV drivers must go mad.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
What happens if it fails to register at 30mph? Can you pay later?

This is my first time using the Tulli toll tag,and only done a few 30 kph tolls,luckily every time so far the barrier has lifted. Just watch the trucks doing the same.

For years we have overtaken trucks ,only to get to a toll where they fly through using the 30 kph lane,while you are queuing to pay for the toll,only to have to over take the same trucks again.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Tags are great….until they fail, without warning, due a flat battery in the clicker.🤨
Yes, our Fulli tag let us down on our way home last week. A pain in the bum. There must have been about 10 plus stops over the next 2 days. Oh how we missed it. Especially the first day when the weather was horrendous, wet and windy.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I'm with Sanef and they send emails out telling you how to check battery levels and replace as required.
unfortunately they don’t cover Italy. We had ATMB plus Sanef/Emovis and although the battery life was 6 or 7 years we only changed to get Italy and all in one tag.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, our Fulli tag let us down on our way home last week. A pain in the bum. There must have been about 10 plus stops over the next 2 days. Oh how we missed it. Especially the first day when the weather was horrendous, wet and windy.
Our experience too….twice. Once in the car earlier in the year and this summer in the van. Different clickers.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Can you not change the battery?
Technically yes but it breaches their T&Cs. If and when you return their tag and it’s been opened they charge you for a new tag. The first time the tag failed (using the car) we pressed for help and this was eventually answered by someone who told us to hold the tag up to the camera so it could read the bar code on the back-side of the tag. We tried this but it didn’t work.
We returned the tag when we got back to the UK and they did send a new one pretty quickly but it doesn’t compensate for the hassle of getting a ticket and hanging out the window trying to use a card and picking up the receipt. Not for something sold on the convenience it offers.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
These toll tags might be useful in countries with booth systems but cannot be integrated with countries like Austria, which has a gantry system, nor countries like Poland and others which have gone for a GPS system which has no infrastructure on the ground,
Portugal uses the gantry system on some of their motorways and it works fine using the Bip and Go tag. Everytime you go under the gantry the tag beeps.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Technically yes but it breaches their T&Cs. If and when you return their tag and it’s been opened they charge you for a new tag. The first time the tag failed (using the car) we pressed for help and this was eventually answered by someone who told us to hold the tag up to the camera so it could read the bar code on the back-side of the tag. We tried this but it didn’t work.
We returned the tag when we got back to the UK and they did send a new one pretty quickly but it doesn’t compensate for the hassle of getting a ticket and hanging out the window trying to use a card and picking up the receipt. Not for something sold on the convenience it offers.
That's interesting, I was not aware of that. So how often do you need to change the kit?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
That's interesting, I was not aware of that. So how often do you need to change the kit?
Every time the battery runs out.🙂
How long that takes depends on how often you use it. They do supply a small foil type bag that you’re supposed to place the tag in when not using it, presumably to prevent it running down the battery.
I gather that some tag suppliers have a facility for checking the battery capacity on the monthly statement but our supplier (APRR or whatever it is now called) doesn’t yet have this functionality.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Can you not change the battery?
I did post on another thread funnily enough as I rather hoped I could but it’s not a simple case of opening it up and replacing a button battery. There’s a bit of soldering involved. Beyond our capabilities even if we’d been at home.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
We got ours mainly for the system that are spreading across the French motorway network. The barrier less autoroute. Your registration is clocked as you travel and you have 48 hours to pay the toll. They say that even after Brexit they can get your details to send you a fine. Some may reject that claim, but I am not taking any chances as we travel in France a lot.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
How long that takes depends on how often you use it. They do supply a small foil type bag that you’re supposed to place the tag in when not using it, presumably to prevent it running down the battery.
I gather that some tag suppliers have a facility for checking the battery capacity on the monthly statement but our supplier (APRR or whatever it is now called) doesn’t yet have this functionality.
This one lasted less than 2 years. It had hardly been used so pretty rubbish. It hadn’t in fact come out of it’s pouch until 15 months ago. We’ll return it nearer to our next trip. I think it must have been a duff battery hopefully.

Mind you if it happens that quickly again may have to rethink but so few do Italy. I looked at Ulys but some people we were travelling with had a nightmare with them. Threat re bailiffs after problems with DDs, all to do with the IBAN numbers and SEPA payments.They sorted it in the end but Trustpilot and Tripadvisor report similar issues for UK customers.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Yes, of course, it's like asking how long is a piece of string. Would it be better maybe to order a new one every year for example? I did not get a bag to put mine in, but either way it is on the van screen and there it will stay. Does anybody have experience of a couple of years using these tags and can say how long they would last? One year, two, less? Mine is a Fulli, if that makes a difference.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, of course, it's like asking how long is a piece of string. Would it be better maybe to order a new one every year for example? I did not get a bag to put mine in, but either way it is on the van screen and there it will stay. Does anybody have experience of a couple of years using these tags and can say how long they would last? One year, two, less? Mine is a Fulli, if that makes a difference.
I expect you did get the bag but threw it out not realizing what it was. Its more like a tiny self sealing plastic/foil bag 5 x 10 cm , I’d put mine in the bin before I realised. I rescued it though.

I think they should last many years. I don't think they would expect them to be replaced yearly. I think you’d soon find yourself being charged. Other makes last 6 or 7 years, I think that’s more normal.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022

Portugal uses the gantry system on some of their motorways and it works fine using the Bip and Go tag. Everytime you go under the gantry the tag beeps.

Some French Autoroutes are also barrier free or ‘Free Flow’ or soon will be:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back