Toilet and Water Challenge (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
So… being used to my Morelo which has a vast capacity for water and waste - i am in my new stealth van - looks normal so no one ‘asks’ to look around it.

Stealth van - has limited capacity - toilet and water - Determined to not have to walk the massive distance to the water source at the festival i am at - i have NOT had a shower - baby wipes instead - and every bit of water for washing up etc has been saved and used to flush the toilet. I’m on my way home tomorrow and still have 75% fresh water. Perhaps a shower as a treat for being so parsimonious -

Any one else manage to go days without refilling or emptying? Tips welcomed.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
So… being used to my Morelo which has a vast capacity for water and waste - i am in my new stealth van - looks normal so no one ‘asks’ to look around it.

Stealth van - has limited capacity - toilet and water - Determined to not have to walk the massive distance to the water source at the festival i am at - i have NOT had a shower - baby wipes instead - and every bit of water for washing up etc has been saved and used to flush the toilet. I’m on my way home tomorrow and still have 75% fresh water. Perhaps a shower as a treat for being so parsimonious -

Wash dishes once a day with minimal water.. however don't agree with you using it to flush toilet.. we use spray bottle to squirt toilet .. no flushing..
Pee in bottle. Not toilet.
Can easily last 5/6 days like that..

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Wash dishes once a day with minimal water.. however don't agree with you using it to flush toilet.. we use spray bottle to squirt toilet .. no flushing..
Pee in bottle. Not toilet.
Can easily last 5/6 days like that..
I don't pee in bottles
Do use washing up water to flush. But food bits removed before washing
Keep threatening to use a squirt bottle but not had one run out yet and I'm not buying one
Washing me is priority
Carry drinking water in bottles

I have run out of water so went to lidl and filled up with bottled water ..only happened once but needs must

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Yes we do (y) but we have a Morelo :unsure:(y)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Before you wash up, wipe your plates and dishes etc with kitchen roll first. You'll need less water to wash them and that water can then be used to flush the loo :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Before you wash up, wipe your plates and dishes etc with kitchen roll first. You'll need less water to wash them and that water can then be used to flush the loo :)
And recycle the kitchen roll into loo paper just dry before reusing :wink:

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Or stop using a loo which needs water: line a "suitable receptacle" with a plastic bag, add cat litter, subsequently tie bag securely, add to rubbish bin.

When a friend told me this was how they managed all toilet requirements in their small van I thought "how strange" and then realised it is no worse than putting a nappy in a general bin, or dog waste if there is not a special one, or incontinence products, or a colostomy bag, or whatever other 'natural' waste you have to dispose of.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Use eco disposable plates and cutlery, I'm not going to waste time washing up when away

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I would suggest getting more water. I could not be without my daily shower nor could my wife, so 100L of water lasts around 4 days then we fill up. Water is available in all the gas stations here and I imagine in most countries too.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I would suggest getting more water. I could not be without my daily shower nor could my wife, so 100L of water lasts around 4 days then we fill up. Water is available in all the gas stations here and I imagine in most countries too.
Crikey that’s 12.5 litres each for a shower, I don’t think I could get wet with that amount.🤣🤣

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

That sounds like camping not motorhoming. Not my idea of fun.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Crikey that’s 12.5 litres each for a shower, I don’t think I could get wet with that amount.🤣🤣
For many years now we have always used a Hoselock (other makes available) portable shower which holds 5 litres, cold with hot water out of kettle added to suit. The two of us can get a reasonable shower by only using about 6 or 7 litres of water. Makes our fresh water tank (100litres) last longer and less emptying of grey (80litres), and saves gas as not heating the 12 litre tank. This method suits us and better than wet wipes.

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
Save water - pee under a bush

I did that once in the veldt in Lesotho, Africa in the middle of the night when out camping in our cortina estate .... All went well until the bush started rustling, and doubled/trebeled in size to become a Four -to- Five feet in diameter Porcupine which started lurching towards me like an angry spiky Triffid !

I didn't manage to finish my pee, but the shock & surprise did cause me to instantly shit myself unexpectedly ..... I've always been dubious & suspicious of "bushes" ever since. :LOL:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Yes but free usually in Spain 🇪🇸 whereas in the uk at most gas stations you will be paying. & highly.plus there will usually not be any pressure.
I use independent garages if needed and theor hose pipe not the 50p in the slot machines
Ice had water from a charity shop they were happy with something in their collection box

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I did that once in the veldt in Lesotho, Africa in the middle of the night when out camping in our cortina estate .... All went well until the bush started rustling, and doubled/trebeled in size to become a Four -to- Five feet in diameter Porcupine which started lurching towards me like an angry spiky Triffid !

I didn't manage to finish my pee, but the shock & surprise did cause me to instantly shit myself unexpectedly ..... I've always been dubious & suspicious of "bushes" ever since. :LOL:
I'd be a bit cross, if someone decided to pee over me, as well

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
I'd be a bit cross, if someone decided to pee over me, as well
I definitely promise NOT to do that to you in the future ... especially if you're hiding in or under a bush at the time !!! :whistle2:

I've learned my lesson. :LOL: ..... BUT if you do notice me approaching you , PLEASE rustle the bush loudly !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back