Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
So another cracking day out in Cornwall today. Started with a tour of St Ives beaches (of which there are several) and then a meander along all the beaches back towards Hayle. St Ives itself was absolutely heaving. Not so many on the beach though as it was pretty windy although I did get out and catch a few waves being a cool Rock n Roll surfer dude. A Lovely if expensive Lunch in Penzance and then a trip to Mousehole. An interesting story of how Mousehole got its name. It's called Mousehole because the dinky harbour was apparently dug out by super strong trained Mice in the 18th century until the rodent slave labour act came into force in 1823. True dat. Nobody knows how many mice died digging the harbour but it wasn't cost effective anyway due to the amount of cheese they ate as even then Cornwall was a massive feckin rip off.

Finally just now a look at the famous St Michaels mount which was built in 1972 in an attempt to show the French that we could do a better job than they did with Mont St Michael a few miles across the channel. Bit of an epic fail IMO.

Now back at the van for Beer, guitar and cheese. Not necessarily in that order.

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Well I've learnt a few facts today! :giggle:

Yes. I posted it on MotorhomeFucts as well
You've been reading Mickeypedia again , haven't you :LOL:

No. I do my own research. Ive been down the south west so long I've started doing guided tours for wealthy Americans. They love all this stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back