Tips for putting mh to bed for 3 months

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Problem with knowing the humidity is what do you do if it is high? There are so many "holes" e.g. gas drop holes that any moisture is going to be replaced anyway even if you do put in those condensation bags. It is my understanding that moisture collects when there is a temperature difference so aim to get as little as possible touching the walls etc. Again I always asumed that the open taps allowed any freezing water to expand but not to damage anything. However what do I know🤷‍♀️
There are several things you can do if it's high.

You can use a dehumidifier of some sort.

Also, there are two measures of humidity - absolute (g/kg) and relative (%). The relative measure tells you how close it is to the dew point (where the air starts to drop water). But it's temperature-dependent - if you raise the temperature you lower the relative humidity. So if you can find your relative humidity is getting too high (close to the dew point) you can lower it by raising the temperature. I just don't know how close to 100% is too close.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Turn gas bottles off. Suspension air bags to zero pressure.

Have a detailed tick box check list don’t be complacent and think something is obvious, then spend 3 months wondering. Do it - tick it !

OP
OP
F
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Turn gas bottles off. Suspension air bags to zero pressure.

Have a detailed tick box check list don’t be complacent and think something is obvious, then spend 3 months wondering. Do it - tick it !
Why do you empty the air suspension.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Will the sun shine on your van? Open the driver side window about half an inch to allow air movement. This will help reduce any damp that might build up. The heat from the sun - even in winter - will help the van "breathe".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back