Tips for Gaudi's Barcelona? (16 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Tips for Gaudi's Barcelona?
I’ve spent a month hill-walking in the Pyrenees, mainly using free aires or wild camping, and usually avoid cities. But now I particularly want to see how the Sagrada Familia has changed since I visited as a schoolboy in the sixties. And to see the Park Güell, Casa Batlló and La Pedrera o Casa Milà.
As it’s a one-off for me, I’d be prepared to pay a lot to avoid driving solo around the city and doing a lot of research into parking, bus timetables, etc. I don’t speak Spanish so an English-ish guide would seem best. My pie-in-the-sky ideal would be a single travel company that took me to each site and told me about it! Though, I’m not a millionaire!
Usually, I favour a DIY approach with plenty of foot-slogging but might be happy to be “processed” this time!
Or not?
Can anyone kindly share their experiences of similar excursions in Barcelona?

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Watch out for pickpockets. Even when you just pop into a shop. They're very clever.... and sadly very successful.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Tips for Gaudi's Barcelona?
I’ve spent a month hill-walking in the Pyrenees, mainly using free aires or wild camping, and usually avoid cities. But now I particularly want to see how the Sagrada Familia has changed since I visited as a schoolboy in the sixties. And to see the Park Güell, Casa Batlló and La Pedrera o Casa Milà.
As it’s a one-off for me, I’d be prepared to pay a lot to avoid driving solo around the city and doing a lot of research into parking, bus timetables, etc. I don’t speak Spanish so an English-ish guide would seem best. My pie-in-the-sky ideal would be a single travel company that took me to each site and told me about it! Though, I’m not a millionaire!
Usually, I favour a DIY approach with plenty of foot-slogging but might be happy to be “processed” this time!
Or not?
Can anyone kindly share their experiences of similar excursions in Barcelona?
I was there in March 18 months ago 2023. Even at that quiet time of year the queue to get in was two hours long unless you booked online first. It's around about 40 euros I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Yes there is a hop on hop off bus tour that will take you to the places you mention. The audio tour that goes with it is only brief but we found it interesting enough.
Definitely book ahead for the places you want to visit - there was a two day wait for Parc Guell when we went in September last year.

Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
The view from the rocketship capsule hasn't changed much!

Photo0030.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back