Tips for Finding a Good and Affordable Motorhome Nearby (1 Viewer)

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
Good morning funsters
Please can anyone advise me regarding finding a good Motorhome and reasonable priced service garage near west kingsdown tn15 area.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Good morning funsters
Please can anyone advise me regarding finding a good Motorhome and reasonable priced service garage near west kingsdown tn15 area.
It might help if you gave more information as to your requirements. For example, how many berths you require, what size van can you store, what do you intend to carry e.g. such as bikes, ebikes, scooter. Where you intend to go to, whether you will mainly wild camp or stay on sites. These are all aspects which need to be considered when looking for a motorhome. Budget?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When people say good and affordable I think they usually mean a bargain. Something in really good condition for less than the going rate. I think it's going to require quite a bit of luck!
I could be totally wrong and what you really mean is could people recommend local dealers that they have bought from and had good service in aftersales care. But that usually does come at a price.

OP
OP
plug

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
It might help if you gave more information as to your requirements. For example, how many berths you require, what size van can you store, what do you intend to carry e.g. such as bikes, ebikes, scooter. Where you intend to go to, whether you will mainly wild camp or stay on sites. These are all aspects which need to be considered when looking for a motorhome. Budget?
Hi thanks for coming back, not sure what happened to the post heading, but I am looking to find a good garage to service my Motorhome in the tn15 area of Kent.
Not sure how to change the post heading.

OP
OP
plug

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
When people say good and affordable I think they usually mean a bargain. Something in really good condition for less than the going rate. I think it's going to require quite a bit of luck!
I could be totally wrong and what you really mean is could people recommend local dealers that they have bought from and had good service in aftersales care. But that usually does come at a price.
You are correct, I don’t mind paying but I don’t want to be ripped off.
Thanks for your input

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We live in Tunbridge Wells and get our motorhome serviced by Tomsett Kent in the village of Stockbury, which is near Sittingbourne. The owner is a motorhomer and they are very knowledgable. Their hourly rate is a very reasonable ÂŁ60 plus VAT.

It is not far from you either down the A20 and then the A249. Or down the A2 and M2. Depends where in West Kingsdown you live. The only problem is the roadworks at the M2/A249 junction which are causing chaos at the moment.

They also do MOTs.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We also use Tomsett's for our motorhome servicing and MOT. As peterc10 says very reasonable and very knowledgable. They get very busy so need to book well in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
plug

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
We live in Tunbridge Wells and get our motorhome serviced by Tomsett Kent in the village of Stockbury, which is near Sittingbourne. The owner is a motorhomer and they are very knowledgable. Their hourly rate is a very reasonable ÂŁ60 plus VAT.

It is not far from you either down the A20 and then the A249. Or down the A2 and M2. Depends where in West Kingsdown you live. The only problem is the roadworks at the M2/A249 junction which are causing chaos at the moment.

They also do MOTs.
thanks for the info, I didn’t think it would be so awkward to find a reliable garage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back