Thule Step Slide Out V12 (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Afternoon all,

First post and apologies as asking for advise.

The Thule Step Slide out V12 on our Autocruise Accent has now got a mind of it's own, extends and retracts at random whenever it wants. It's not constant and will be fine for a few days and then do it for an hour or two.

the step still works from the button but just does whatever it wants after that.

I'm thinking either water ingress causing a short or a fractured cable/short?

I've got to get it apart at the weekend to have a look but thought I'd query beforehand in case anyone has had the same sort of issue?

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I expect that you may have a Sargent ECxxx PSU , if so , depending on PSU model , you may find that the step motor in/out run time is controlled through the Sargent PSU and this may need looking at with its step operation connections being checked .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Apr 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Thanks for the above all. It has a Sargeant EC400/450 power control system - apologies should have covered this.

Will look at relay and the PCS over the weekend.

Diabalo, link works but just states 'Guide for poly fuse replacement' - nothing else on the page/links (for me anyway) etc?

Thanks all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The EC400/460 PSU has the step setting (that can be altered) in the advance settings display section on your unit, it could be worth a look at , my step setting with a Thule slide out (Autocruise Rhythm) is set to count 45 , the wiring connections on the rear of the PSU relating to the step operation is marked P5

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back