May

Rally Thorpe le Soken - Rally 27th May - 2nd June - 6 nights (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Maybe we should see ifyoucan exand the numbers
I am away touring until next weekend, but will be arranging to go and have an on site meeting where I can properly assess how many we can get on without crowding/breaking rally spacing rules etc. I will know mid October I would imagine. It's a large open field so hopefully we can get everyone in, including all on the reserve list, no promises of course and if they say no then there's little we can do ...

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Please add us to the reserve list.6 nights

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Quick update, I am meeting with the site owners on Friday afternoon, hopefully I will know more after that meeting in terms of numbers etc. If anyone has any MAJOR questions that they need me to ask, then let me know ....

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
UPDATE

i went and measured the rally field last Friday and had a chat with the site owner. Everything is fine and is going ahead. Unfortunately i will have to keep it at 30 places as originally planned. I am sure i could get another 3 or 4 in at least by careful planning and parking, but as this is my first time organising a rally i dont want to push my luck and end up not complying with the spacing rules (in the rally marshall handbook compiled by Jim)

If all goes well, it will give me a more accurate idea of how many we could take if we plan another event. Sorry to dissappoint anyone who was hoping we could increase the numbers, but you could always book a pitch on the site anyway, albeit at a higher rate unfortunately. If you book before the end of October, they usually charge this years prices .....!

For all those on the 'guest list', i have set up a specific bank account for your deposits - if you PM me then i will send details along with some local information (when i finish compiling it!)

best wishes

6455967227115072330.jpg

3611724317948001410.jpg

Last edited:

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
UPDATE

i went and measured the rally field last Friday and had a chat with the site owner. Everything is fine and is going ahead. Unfortunately i will have to keep it at 30 places as originally planned. I am sure i could get another 3 or 4 in at least by careful planning and parking, but as this is my first time organising a rally i dont want to push my luck and end up not complying with the spacing rules (in the rally marshall handbook compiled by Jim)

If all goes well, it will give me a more accurate idea of how many we could take if we plan another event. Sorry to dissappoint anyone who was hoping we could increase the numbers, but you could always book a pitch on the site anyway, albeit at a higher rate unfortunately. If you book before the end of October, they usually charge this years prices .....!

For all those on the 'guest list', i have set up a specific bank account for your deposits - if you PM me then i will send details along with some local information (when i finish compiling it!)

best wishes

View attachment 824505

View attachment 824508
Hi thanks for the information but with this in mind can you remove me from the reserve list please.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Wh05apk
Clive
Michael Gaylor
Lizcamm
Gaston aires
pj650
Grizzly's
lindyloot
petensal
GMLS

Sorry to disappoint, but as you may have seen from a previous post, i am keeping the numbers limited to 30 just to be sure we can keep within MHF rally siting guidance.
However, i have just checked the campsites web page and they are accepting bookings, with space available, on their other camping fields for that time period. As a guide price, for 6 nights with EHU, its working out at £127 for the 6 nights, which works out at just over £6 per night above the price of the rally but as it it includes EHU for the 6 nights, it probably works out to be not much more than the rally cost itself. If you decide to go ahead and they allow you the choice whilst making your booking The Oaks field is right next to the camping (rally) field ......

Please don't think i am trying to drum up business for the site, I am also disappointed that we cant take more and just wanted to make the rally as inclusive as possible, subject to siting of motorhomes.

Of course you could just hope that someone drops out if youre still interested .... LOL!

Best Wishes

Dave (PS if you do go ahead and make a private booking please let me know?)

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Thanks for letting us know We are still interested so we’ll wait to see if any spaces become available. 🤞

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
DEPOSITS or FULL PAYMENTS

when you pay, either in full or the deposit, can you please include your forum name in the details please so i can update the listing accordingly

PM me and i will send the bank details

Best wishes

Dave

Feb 15, 2021
Harleston,Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F70
Exp
Stopped years ago, now started again

when you pay, either in full or the deposit, can you please include your forum name in the details please so i can update the listing accordingly

Best wishes

Dave
Wh05apk
Clive
Michael Gaylor
Lizcamm
Gaston aires
pj650
Grizzly's
lindyloot
petensal
GMLS

Sorry to disappoint, but as you may have seen from a previous post, i am keeping the numbers limited to 30 just to be sure we can keep within MHF rally siting guidance.
However, i have just checked the campsites web page and they are accepting bookings, with space available, on their other camping fields for that time period. As a guide price, for 6 nights with EHU, its working out at £127 for the 6 nights, which works out at just over £6 per night above the price of the rally but as it it includes EHU for the 6 nights, it probably works out to be not much more than the rally cost itself. If you decide to go ahead and they allow you the choice whilst making your booking The Oaks field is right next to the camping (rally) field ......

Please don't think i am trying to drum up business for the site, I am also disappointed that we cant take more and just wanted to make the rally as inclusive as possible, subject to siting of motorhomes.

Of course you could just hope that someone drops out if youre still interested .... LOL!

Best Wishes

Dave (PS if you do go ahead and make a private booking please let me know?)
Thanks for letting us know we will wait and see if any drop out

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi,

Unfortunately, we are unable to make this now and hopefully a "reservist" will be able to take our place.
Many thanks.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

Best wishes

Dave
Hi Mister B

We now can't make this meet, thanks for organising it though.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
We don't need EHU so happy to join the reserve list

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for letting me know, I stay on list just in case a place becomes available

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Hi. Can you take me off the reserve list please
You weren't on the reserve list .... ? Should I remove you from the list of attendees?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Those who have requested bank payment details will also have received some information about things to do and where to go locally.

Subject to cost and 'take up', I am considering arranging a coach trip on Weds 29th May to Sutton Hoo (check the film The Dig if you can or just search on line for info) Admission is free if youre a National Trust member or £15.20 per person if you're not. I am awaiting a response from a transport company for a price on transport costs. It takes under an hour to get there and I assume the visit would last around four hours maximum, from arrival at Sutton Woo until departure.

An alternative would be Flatford Mill (Constable Country), which is around £5 per person. again with the same time scales.

I am aware that many people just like to get on and do their own thing and it might prove difficult for those with pets.

is it something people would be interested in doing as a 'group'? A simple non committing 'yes or no' answer please, as opposed to the merits of the idea would be helpful ... if there is enough interest then i will seriously look at the feasibility of organising it, if not then its buckets and spades on Clacton beach for the 2024 inaugural MHF annual sandcastle/sculpture competition !!! :giggle: :giggle:

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We're local, but not for us thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun