May

Rally Thorpe le Soken 26th May - 2nd June 2025 - follows on from The Bash (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
MisterB added a new event:

Thorpe le Soken 26th May - 2nd June 2025 - follows on from The Bash

As above, we will be hosting another rally at Grange Farm campsite in Thorpe le Soken Essex

The rally will directly follow on from The Bash and we have set the numbers at 35 motorhomes this year. It will follow the same format as this years rally but will be for 7 nights and not 6, which means it will end on the Monday and not the Sunday (as some people requested this year) There may be an opportunity to add a couple of nights at another very interesting and 'close' location,(under an...

Read more about this event...

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Hello Dave

We are a very strong probable if we can get ourselves back from Europe a little earlier than currently planned.

Let me know where to send the deposit as I didn’t make this years as we were away…

H

I think we may get a ferry back to Harwich from the mainland, which then makes it very easy to attend…

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Hi Dave we will make sure we are going to make sure we can be there so count us in for a place

Clive and Kerri

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes please for me but one quick question. My van is a 8.7 tag and their website say no to those?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes please for me but one quick question. My van is a 8.7 tag and their website say no to those?
I get where you are coming from, but if their site blurb is anything to go by, none of us will be there in MHs. ;)

The Campsite caters for single axle caravans and motorhomes, camper vans and tents.

I've never seen a single axle MH in my life. :LOL:

I'm sure Dave will sort it out for you. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It's not an issue so long as you're part of an agreed rally, I'm sure we had tag axles earlier this year. The only thing they couldn't/wouldn't accept were 5th wheelers.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Kannon Fodda
Lee Fryer
Oscar
Holly's mum
Antique
Carpmart
Langtoftlad
Theonlysue
TheTwoOfUs
Wh05apk
John W
JockandRita
PeterCarole29
Clive and Kerri
Chocy boy
Hils and Glenns
pj650
Dawn B
The Coops
peterc10
tonyandcarol
Larafach
Clivefog

Dear all, I have been in discussion for some time now with a venue about an hour away from Thorpe, to potentially add a two night really, to immediately follow on from Thorpe.

It's the first time they have hosted any sort of motorhome or caravan event, so the discussions have been a bit difficult at times although they are very keen to host us.

They are suggesting £25 per motorhome per night which will include a guided tour of ihe site/museum which is normally £11 per person. There is also the potential of a sit down meal for a max of 40 persons in the Airmans mess on Tuesday 1800-2200 hrs, bring your own wine/alcohol. Price is likely to around £30 for the meal.

I am trying to gauge if it's something you would be interested in? Is the additional two nights at the aerodrome (Monday and Tuesday, departing on Weds morning at 1100hrs, something you are interested in adding onto the rally at Thorpe.....and would the evening meal in the Airmans mess hall be of interest?

Thanks

Dave and Yvette

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back