This is why I never give companies any information.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I don't do loyalty cards etc.

This is just one example of how they can abuse it.

Just thought I would post as a bit of interest. I doubt they would pull this particular stunt in the UK as we do have fairly decent consumer protection laws.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Dynamic pricing taken to the extreme. But I guess it works for the store. :(

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Trying to book a ferry or the tunnel, they don't tell you the price until you have told them everything about your trip 😡

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Trying to book a ferry or the tunnel, they don't tell you the price until you have told them everything about your trip 😡
I can understand that they need a lot of information before they can give you a accurate price on a ferry, the ones that annoy me are online sites that refuse to give you any shipping costs without you creating an account, yes they need to know where you are, but the first half of a post code should be pleanty of information, not full name and address, age etc etc. Many a site has lost a sale to me becouse of that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I can understand that they need a lot of information before they can give you a accurate price on a ferry, the ones that annoy me are online sites that refuse to give you any shipping costs without you creating an account, yes they need to know where you are, but the first half of a post code should be pleanty of information, not full name and address, age etc etc. Many a site has lost a sale to me becouse of that.
And then the delivery cost is stupidly inflated to up the item actual cost anyway 🤬

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Have I misunderstood this? You sign up to some app or other which baits the hook with super cheap internet prices but the actual store can track you and once you're on the hook and in the car park can change the price before you get through the door to purchase the item? Really? Is that credible/possible?

OP
OP
Gromett
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Have I misunderstood this? You sign up to some app or other which baits the hook with super cheap internet prices but the actual store can track you and once you're on the hook and in the car park can change the price before you get through the door to purchase the item? Really? Is that credible/possible?
They did it. Target do this in the US. They demonstrate it in the video actually happening.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Turn your phone off before you get there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought you were older than 18! You trying to buy stuff that's not for kids? :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back