Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
A small van with a trailer tent drive into the Aire, do a couple of laps then park up. 😳
IMG_8515.jpeg
IMG_8514.jpeg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. My heart thinks they should have the same freedoms as motorhomes/camper vans and who am I to object if the 'location' allows them to pitch up there .... If of course the location doesn't allow 'camping' activities/awnings then it's their choice to risk it ...

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
So it's alright to have a toad in there but not a trailer tent? On another similar thread I learnt that some aires permit caravans and some don't so maybe there's a clue there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It’s not so much an issue with a trailer tent it’s whether they have onboard facilities or not, I know some Aires are on old campsites so that should be fine if facilities are still in use.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
It’s not so much an issue with a trailer tent it’s whether they have onboard facilities or not, I know some Aires are on old campsites so that should be fine if facilities are still in use.
Most trailer tents I have seen lately have at least one PortaPotti sometimes more. 🤔

PS Not everyone needs to shower every day! 😄

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
They looked North African.
There was a small Citroen van behind us from CZ, when I went to walk round the back of my van she was squatting in front of hers. Definitely no facilities in theirs. 😡

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Would you have the same attitude if you pulled in and there was no room but the tent was taking a space, possibly against accepted rules?
How would you feel as a local if there were no spaces because they were taken by people from an uncivilised country that had hardly any aires so a lot of them went to your country every year and took up a lot of spaces?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
There was a small Citroen van behind us from CZ, when I went to walk round the back of my van she was squatting in front of hers. Definitely no facilities in theirs. 😡
She was on holiday and didn't want to fill it with liquid!
What were you doing round the back of your van? 😄

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We stayed on a Stelplatz in The blackforest and two young women pitched a toilet tent on the grass next to us and slept in the car. No one seemed to mind.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
How would you feel as a local if there were no spaces because they were taken by people from an uncivilised country that had hardly any aires so a lot of them went to your country every year and took up a lot of spaces?
It’s a motorhome Aire not a campsite.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We recently stayed the night at a pub stopover just outside Edinburgh, a German family in a Landrover arrived and parked up. With in 5 minutes the mother was squatting by the side of there’s and all cooking and washing done in car park. Some my find this is ok but personally I think it’s behaviour like this that makes the owners change their minds about allowing overnight.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We recently stayed the night at a pub stopover just outside Edinburgh, a German family in a Landrover arrived and parked up. With in 5 minutes the mother was squatting by the side of there’s and all cooking and washing done in car park. Some my find this is ok but personally I think it’s behaviour like this that makes the owners change their minds about allowing overnight.
Disgusting and why we will/are losing pub stops, the dirty campers are quite vocal about no 24 hour toilets.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Disgusting and why we will/are losing pub stops, the dirty campers are quite vocal about no 24 hour toilets.
Around here I strongly suspect it's self converted vans and campers with no toilets on board that get all motorhomes a bad name. It's also the thing that humans often have about seeing other groups/ behaviours/people who are different in any way as a problem. I tried explaining to some locals that all people in motorhomes aren't a problem but it's a really hard thing to alter peoples prejudices

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Around here I strongly suspect it's self converted vans and campers with no toilets on board that get all motorhomes a bad name. It's also the thing that humans often have about seeing other groups/ behaviours/people who are different in any way as a problem. I tried explaining to some locals that all people in motorhomes aren't a problem but it's a really hard thing to alter peoples prejudices
I read what you’re saying but is that any reason to not be civilised ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back